Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to change CSC and Product code?

How to change CSC and Product code?

I recently got a S7 edge duos. When I got it it also got a firmware update now it's running with below credentials. It having some Samsung Africa things. I want have the UK/European flavor from it. But how? May be great @greenman can help me on this. I

Phone Model: SM-G935F
    Device Type: hero2lte
    Product Name: hero2ltexx
    Product Code: SM-G935FZSUACR
    FW CSC CODE: ACR
    ACTIVE CSC: ACR
    CSC COUNTRY: GHANA/GH

BOOTLOADER: G935FXXU1BPH6
    PDA: G935FXXU1BPH6
    CSC: G935FOJV1BPH3
    BB: G935FXXU1BPH1
    Latest FW: Yes

If you look at the CSC of your firmware, it has the letters 'OJV'.
    OJV is the code for the Middle East and Africa.
    This means that you can install any firmware using Odin from any countries in the Middle East and Africa and your current csc of ACR will not change.
    This is a great advantage.

Your proposal to have a European firmware has little if any advantage as the latest European firmware is the same as the one that your phone is on.

In what way do you think your phone is running below credentials?
    I can recommend re-installing your firmware with SmartSwitch as this will optimise your phone performance.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you look at the CSC of your firmware, it has the letters 'OJV'.
    OJV is the code for the Middle East and Africa.
    This means that you can install any firmware using Odin from any countries in the Middle East and Africa and your current csc of ACR will not change.
    This is a great advantage.

Your proposal to have a European firmware has little if any advantage as the latest European firmware is the same as the one that your phone is on.

In what way do you think your phone is running below credentials?
    I can recommend re-installing your firmware with SmartSwitch as this will optimise your phone performance.

Thanks I knew that you will reply. During past years I found you very cooperative with forum members. I used to follow your guide earlier and got most of it. I used Phone INFO ★Samsung★ to get these credentials. Once installing I have also seen Sammobile Device Info and installed that one too. I knew what information you need from me to help me better and just put them accordingly. Basically I was away from Samsung since after I sold S6. Today went to mobile shop for buying Note 7 but I wasn't convinced enough to buy N7 with such a big amount of expense. Then bought S7E as I have noticed very little improvement most importantly I am not a note fan.

However I just ran smart switch but now how to re-install? I forgot

For SmartSwitch check out the link in my previous post.
    I added if later, so you may have missed it.

Post #1 gives the SmartSwitch for PC + Mac link.
    Post #2 +#3 give guides on re-installing your firmware.

To give you a full picture of options, the S7 firmware makes it very easy to change to another country as the CSC contains a PIT file.

This link should explain it, but if still unsure then please ask.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    To give you a full picture of options, the S7 firmware makes it very easy to change to another country as the CSC contains a PIT file.

This link should explain it, but if still unsure then please ask.
    Last night I have installed Smart Switch and smart switch not getting any new FW update as yesterday evening I already got OTA in my S7E. Please suggest me a good FW for this region. Not liking Ghana. What about UAE?

can i also use below? i am from BNG.
    "Indian Multi-CSC (FD variant) contains: BNG, INS, INU, NPL, SLI, SKL",
    Last edited by mdkamrul; 30-08-2016 at 07:53.

Any firmware with 'OJV' in the csc code is the same as the one you have.

If you want to change firmware country it will void your warranty.

Other firmware countries can be found here. Choose Select country to get the list.

Any firmware with 'OJV' in the csc code is the same as the one you have.

If you want to change firmware country it will void your warranty.

Other firmware countries can be found here. Choose Select country to get the list.
    My device is multi CSC and available CSC are: ACR,AFG,AFR,BTC,DKR,DRC,ECT,EGY,KSA,LYS,MAT,MID,MR T,MRU,MTZ,MWD,PAK,SMG,THR,TMC,TUN,TUR,WTL,XFA,XFE, XFM,XFU,XSG

and current active CSC is ACR

Now for example if I flash XFU my original CSC and Active will be changed? or it will be remain unchanged ?

You are not getting this are you?
    If XFU was your original CSC code, then it would still be your csc code now after installing an 'OJV' firmware.

Look at the list again:
    ACR,AFG,AFR,BTC,DKR,DRC,ECT,EGY,KSA,LYS,MAT,MID,MR T,MRU,MTZ,MWD,PAK,SMG,THR,TMC,TUN,TUR,WTL,XFA,XFE, XFM,XFU,XSG

All of these use the same firmware, and so it will make no difference if you install XFU, XSG or any other from the list.

Your CSC code of ACR will also remain the same.
    Last edited by greenman; 30-08-2016 at 10:49.

You are not getting this are you?
    If XFU was your original CSC code, then it would still be your csc code now after installing an 'OJV' firmware.

Look at the list again:
    ACR,AFG,AFR,BTC,DKR,DRC,ECT,EGY,KSA,LYS,MAT,MID,MR T,MRU,MTZ,MWD,PAK,SMG,THR,TMC,TUN,TUR,WTL,XFA,XFE, XFM,XFU,XSG

All of these use the same firmware, and so it will make no difference if you install XFU, XSG or any other from the list.

Your CSC code of ACR will also remain the same.
    Got you now.

But another problem made me so worried. From yesterday I have start using this S7E. It's a pre-owned device. Last night I charged till 100% then I used the phone for a while and went to sleep when remaining charge was 97%. When I woke up at 10AM I found remaining charge as 91%. Now it's 9.30PM and I have only 27% battery remaining. Is it normal brother?

I use 3G data connection and here 4G yet not available. But I use Gmail for my work email. I found whole day especially when Data and Sync on device getting warmer. I was not feeling comfort in my jeans pocket. After turn off data and sync device got normal.

Please advice me further on this.