Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Marshmallow Firmware Update

Marshmallow Firmware Update

Hey everyone, My Tab S 10.5 LTE currently has firmware released for India (INU). Samsung has not yet released MM update for INU, so I'm running it on LP. My question is that can I upgrade my tab to MM through Odin using stock firmware for Germany (DBT) ?

Quote Originally Posted by NaveenA [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey everyone, My Tab S 10.5 LTE currently has firmware released for India (INU). Samsung has not yet released MM update for INU, so I'm running it on LP. My question is that can I upgrade my tab to MM through Odin using stock firmware for Germany (DBT) ?
    You do not give your TabS model number, so I cannot check on what you are planning on doing.
    But, providing the DBT is the same model number, then you should be able to install the firmware.

NOTE:
    1. You will lose any languages that are specifically in the India firmware CSC.
    2. You may need a PIT file to install the DBT firmware.
    Last edited by greenman; 27-08-2016 at 09:36.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You do not give your TabS model number, so I cannot check on what you are planning on doing.
    But, providing the DBT is the same model number, then you should be able to install the firmware.

NOTE:
    1. You will lose any languages that are specifically in the India firmware CSC.
    2. You may need a PIT file to install the DBT firmware.
    Dear Greenman, Thanks for the reply. Model is SM-T805. So there is no conflict in model. Can you tell me where can I get the PIT files for T805?

Quote Originally Posted by NaveenA [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dear Greenman, Thanks for the reply. Model is SM-T805. So there is no conflict in model. Can you tell me where can I get the PIT files for T805?
    Try to install without a PIT file.
    If it fails at hidden.img then post your DBT firmware file link to our technical moderator and request that the PIT file is extracted for you:

Technical moderator, yakapa40 PM here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Post the Germany DBT firmware link here:

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Try to install without a PIT file.
    If it fails at hidden.img then post your DBT firmware file link to our technical moderator and request that the PIT file is extracted for you:

Technical moderator, yakapa40 PM here:
    Will do. Thanks again.

yes you can upgrade with german firmware

Dear Sir,
    my question is same @ NaveenA. My tab : SM-T805 LTE at VietNam, LP , want to upgrade MM firmware for Germany but I am wondering :
    1. as you command it will lose Vietnamese language , but firmware for Germany still have English language ?
    2. if I can come back firmware of Vietnam LP 5.0.2 after upgrade MM firmware for Germany?
    Thanks and best regards
    Last edited by crownvn; 01-09-2016 at 09:40.

Will do. Thanks again.
    do you upgrade MM, please share info.

Quote Originally Posted by lokesh kolamala [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    yes you can upgrade with german firmware
    after you upgrade to MM.
    do you check smart Manager apk.?
    after I flashed MM 6.0 (Germany)from stock( in Viet Nam 5.0.2) thought Odin , it always displays "unfortunately, smart Manager has stopped"