Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Marshmallow Firmware Update

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5

    Marshmallow Firmware Update

    Hey everyone, My Tab S 10.5 LTE currently has firmware released for India (INU). Samsung has not yet released MM update for INU, so I'm running it on LP. My question is that can I upgrade my tab to MM through Odin using stock firmware for Germany (DBT) ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,722
    Quote Originally Posted by NaveenA View Post
    Hey everyone, My Tab S 10.5 LTE currently has firmware released for India (INU). Samsung has not yet released MM update for INU, so I'm running it on LP. My question is that can I upgrade my tab to MM through Odin using stock firmware for Germany (DBT) ?
    You do not give your TabS model number, so I cannot check on what you are planning on doing.
    But, providing the DBT is the same model number, then you should be able to install the firmware.

    NOTE:
    1. You will lose any languages that are specifically in the India firmware CSC.
    2. You may need a PIT file to install the DBT firmware.
    Last edited by greenman; 27-08-2016 at 09:36.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    You do not give your TabS model number, so I cannot check on what you are planning on doing.
    But, providing the DBT is the same model number, then you should be able to install the firmware.

    NOTE:
    1. You will lose any languages that are specifically in the India firmware CSC.
    2. You may need a PIT file to install the DBT firmware.
    Dear Greenman, Thanks for the reply. Model is SM-T805. So there is no conflict in model. Can you tell me where can I get the PIT files for T805?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,722
    Quote Originally Posted by NaveenA View Post
    Dear Greenman, Thanks for the reply. Model is SM-T805. So there is no conflict in model. Can you tell me where can I get the PIT files for T805?
    Try to install without a PIT file.
    If it fails at hidden.img then post your DBT firmware file link to our technical moderator and request that the PIT file is extracted for you:

    Technical moderator, yakapa40 PM here:
    http://www.sammobile.com/forum/priva...newpm&u=115846

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,722
    Post the Germany DBT firmware link here:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/d...5OXA1CPH6_DBT/

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Try to install without a PIT file.
    If it fails at hidden.img then post your DBT firmware file link to our technical moderator and request that the PIT file is extracted for you:

    Technical moderator, yakapa40 PM here:
    http://www.sammobile.com/forum/priva...newpm&u=115846
    Will do. Thanks again.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1
    yes you can upgrade with german firmware

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    10
    Dear Sir,
    my question is same @ NaveenA. My tab : SM-T805 LTE at VietNam, LP , want to upgrade MM firmware for Germany but I am wondering :
    1. as you command it will lose Vietnamese language , but firmware for Germany still have English language ?
    2. if I can come back firmware of Vietnam LP 5.0.2 after upgrade MM firmware for Germany?
    Thanks and best regards
    Last edited by crownvn; 01-09-2016 at 09:40.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by NaveenA View Post
    Will do. Thanks again.
    do you upgrade MM, please share info.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by lokesh kolamala View Post
    yes you can upgrade with german firmware
    after you upgrade to MM.
    do you check smart Manager apk.?
    after I flashed MM 6.0 (Germany)from stock( in Viet Nam 5.0.2) thought Odin , it always displays "unfortunately, smart Manager has stopped"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •