Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Galaxy note 8 SM950U. Help with pie update

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    6

    Galaxy note 8 SM950U. Help with pie update

    Hello, I'm new here and I don't know how to go about updating my Note 8(Oreo) to android 9. Below is my software info. Am I eligible for an update and Please what firmware should I download?

    Software info:
    Baseband version
    N950USQS5CRK1
    Build number
    R16NW.N950USQU4CRF3
    Android version
    8.0.0
    Android security patch level
    1 June 2018

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Messrben [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, I'm new here and I don't know how to go about updating my Note 8(Oreo) to android 9. Below is my software info. Am I eligible for an update and Please what firmware should I download?

    Software info:
    Baseband version
    N950USQS5CRK1
    Build number
    R16NW.N950USQU4CRF3
    Android version
    8.0.0
    Android security patch level
    1 June 2018
    Hi there

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    6
    Hi, there's no such thing as "software serviceprovider" here. Also I don't know how to upload a screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    6

    Oh got it

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

    Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Messrben [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    When installed, run it, go to the firmware Tab and post that info (screenshot) here...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    When installed, run it, go to the firmware Tab and post that info (screenshot) here...
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Done

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Messrben [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Done
    Here's the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Download Smart Switch for your PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download Odin: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN with Odin 3.13.x (other files in archive NOT TO BE USED). Your data will stay intact.

    How to flash firmware to your phone:



    1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC_OYN in CSC) (USERDATA STAYS EMPTY!!!)
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    6
    Thank you

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for posting.




    __________________________________________________ _________
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •