Thread: Galaxy note 8 SM950U. Help with pie update

Galaxy note 8 SM950U. Help with pie update

Hello, I'm new here and I don't know how to go about updating my Note 8(Oreo) to android 9. Below is my software info. Am I eligible for an update and Please what firmware should I download?

Software info:
    Baseband version
    N950USQS5CRK1
    Build number
    R16NW.N950USQU4CRF3
    Android version
    Android security patch level
    1 June 2018

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Messrben [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, I'm new here and I don't know how to go about updating my Note 8(Oreo) to android 9. Below is my software info. Am I eligible for an update and Please what firmware should I download?

Software info:
    Baseband version
    N950USQS5CRK1
    Build number
    R16NW.N950USQU4CRF3
    Android version
    Android security patch level
    1 June 2018
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?

Hi, there's no such thing as "software serviceprovider" here. Also I don't know how to upload a screenshot
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, scroll down to "Software serviceprovider" and post that info (screenshot) here?

Oh got it

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Messrben [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, run it, go to the firmware Tab and post that info (screenshot) here...

Could you install this app: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

When installed, run it, go to the firmware Tab and post that info (screenshot) here...
    Done

Administrator
    Done
    Here's the latest firmware for your device: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Download Smart Switch for your PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Download Odin: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN with Odin 3.13.x (other files in archive NOT TO BE USED). Your data will stay intact.

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.13.1
    5. Reboot Phone in Download Mode (press and hold Bixby + Power + Volume Down buttons)
    6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    7. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC_OYN in CSC) (USERDATA STAYS EMPTY!!!)
    8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    9. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Thank you

Thanks for posting.

__________________________________________________ _________
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ]