Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliance JIO on S7 Edge VoLTE not working

Reliance JIO on S7 Edge VoLTE not working

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO MAKE PHONE CALLS AND ARE USING RELIANCE JIO ON THE SAMSUNG EDGE OR SAMSUNG 7 THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO..

Okay i have found a solution what works for me SHOULD WORK BECAUSE THE PROCESS IS THE SAME AND IT IS VERY EASY PLEASE LOOK AT THE VIDEO TUTORIAL IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THE STEPS I HAVE MENTIONED

IF YOU HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS I HAVE MENTIONED

1) i used the Phone Info App (Download from the Google Play Store) and saw what CSC Codes were available for me to change to.

2) I downloaded a new firmware from Sam Mobile

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

3) Install as described here:

4) My phone supported India CSC (You can see supported CSC's using the Phone Info App so i downloaded the India one it could be different for others.

5) I then downloaded ODIN and used the tuorial in this forum to flash my phone and change the CSC code.

This is the VIDEO link with a step to step guide.

5) After that i factory reset my phone and checked for latest OTA update.

My phone after that has been able to make calls and i can see the VOLTE symbol, depending on the firmware it should either automatically come or you might have to manually enable it.

FOR ROOTED PHONES

IF YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR PHONE AND INSTALLED A CUSTOM ROM, YOU CANNOT USE THE INS STOCK FIRMWARE THAT WILL RESTORE YOUR PHONE TO STOCK FIRMWARE

INSTEAD YOU ONLY NEED TO CHANGE CSC YOU CAN FIND THE CSC CHANGER 1.6 THREAD IN XDA FORUMS/ MODS SECTION.

YOU HAVE TO FLASH THAT CSC CHANGER FILE IN TRWP OR ANY OTHER RECOVERY SOFTWARE YOU USE AT BOOT UP, IT IS VERY SIMPLE

IF YOU ROOT YOUR PHONE YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID SO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20160725-125446.png   Screenshot_20160725-125438.png   Screenshot_20160725-151150.png   Screenshot_20160725-151133.png  
    Last edited by greenman; 03-08-2017 at 17:26.

I have the same issue with my phone. There is no option for VoLTE but when I put my Yes sim card in the VoLTE symbol shows at the top. Mine is Malaysia CSC, XME

Okay i have found a solution what works for me SHOULD WORK BECAUSE THE PROCESS IS THE SAME AND IT IS VERY EASY PLEASE LOOK AT THE VIDEO TUTORIAL IF YOU CANNOT FOLLOW THE STEPS I HAVE MENTIONED

IF YOU HAVE STOCK FIRMWARE YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS I HAVE MENTIONED

1) i used the Phone Info App (Download from the Google Play Store) and saw what CSC Codes were available for me to change to.

2) I downloaded a new firmware from Sam Mobile ( There are firmwares on XDA As well)

3) My phone supported India CSC (You can see supported CSC's using the Phone Info App so i downloaded the India one it could be different for others.

4) I then downloaded ODIN and used the tuorial in this forum to flash my phone and change the CSC code.

This is the VIDEO link with a step to step guide.

5) After that i factory reset my phone and downloaded the July Update Patch.

My phone after that has been able to make calls and i can see the VOLTE symbol, depending on the firmware it should either automatically come or you might have to manually enable it.

FOR ROOTED PHONES

IF YOU HAVE ROOTED YOUR PHONE AND INSTALLED A CUSTOM ROM, YOU CANNOT USE THE INS STOCK FIRMWARE THAT WILL RESTORE YOUR PHONE TO STOCK FIRMWARE

INSTEAD YOU ONLY NEED TO CHANGE CSC YOU CAN FIND THE CSC CHANGER 1.6 THREAD IN XDA FORUMS/ MODS SECTION.

YOU HAVE TO FLASH THAT CSC CHANGER FILE IN TRWP OR ANY OTHER RECOVERY SOFTWARE YOU USE AT BOOT UP, IT IS VERY SIMPLE

IF YOU ROOT YOUR PHONE YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID SO PLEASE REMEMBER THAT
    Last edited by utkarsh86; 12-09-2016 at 09:06.

i have the same issue , i have flashed the s7 edge to indian CSC , now i can see the volte logo and LTE symbol in jio 4g network , however i cant hear anything while in call, but the same sim card works in my another galaxy A8 , where i can hear the sound , the sim is already tele verified

Did you put phone into Recovery mode to wipe cache then wipe data/ factory reset.

no

Quote Originally Posted by anupam498 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    no
    You can do it now.

I am glad my post is helping others, its a simple workaround but you have to really look for it to find it.

i facing the same problem utkarsh. my csc code is ect(nigeria). INS(india) is not showing in available csc codes. still can i load ins firmware on my device? will it have any issues on my phone? please reply

Quote Originally Posted by vivek2mehta [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i facing the same problem utkarsh. my csc code is ect(nigeria). INS(india) is not showing in available csc codes. still can i load ins firmware on my device? will it have any issues on my phone? please reply
    I am guessing you are using JIO, so in my steps i have mentioned how to use Phone Info to see what CSC codes they support, You need to see which CSC's are supported and then ask which one supports VoLTE