Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliance JIO on S7 Edge VoLTE not working

Hi guys. I have read all the pages above. I have a edge G935FD with UAE csc. I am going to follow the above mentioned steps namely #108.
    Anyone reading this having same problem refer to the last few pages, as they have enuf substance for ur need.

I want to thank Utkarsh and Greenman for demystifying this thing, i had to go to three jio stores, no help from any.

I have a question. I have some imp conversations, settings, and other modifications which i spent a lot of my small brain and really dont want to do it all again. Any way i can change csc without losing my stuff? Would be much appreciated

Changing CSC requires a new firmware/factory reset so data loss is inevitable I'm afraid.
    Back up what you can to cloud storage such as Dropbox.
    Contacts saved in GMail will be saved and synced. SMS and other messages can be saved with apps.

Just flashed the BTU ( G935FXXU1BPHJ ) - CSC firmware ( from a ECT - CSC firmware ) via ODIN on my G935FD currently running on AT&T in the Los Angeles Area of the States. I can confirm there is NO VoLTE or WiFi Calling option! Bleh!
    The AT&T courier branded Galaxy S7 edge I had, DID have the VoLTE option, really enjoyed the quality and it will be missed. Happily sacrificed for faster security updates the U.K. is getting, in preparation for the Android 7 Nougat when it rolls.

Additionally, I downloaded the Samsung Pay apk & firmware from apkmirror. Allows me to login with my Samsung account, but when I tap the "Start" button, nothing happens. App does not freeze, just doesn't move forward.

I have the Samsung S7 Edge SM-G935FD bought from UAE, (Made in Vietnam) and it has multiple CSC but not for India (INS not present in CSC list).
    I was getting 4g but no Volte, so no calls/sms.
    I read this entire thread last night. Got the latest India firmware from [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Flashed as per post #42 of this thread. Wiped cache,
    After rebooting, I got the LTE sign, but still no Volte, checked for latest updates, I was all up-to-date.
    Put phone on flight mode and back on.
    And voila, Volte!!

Thanks to @greenman and @utkarsh86 for this amazing thread.
    And everyone else who contributed here! You guys did an amazing job!
    Gratitude

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No, but you can install this G930FD India firmware:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello greenman,
    Thanks. I hope your reply was to me.
    Could you pls explain the tech thing behind this ? (Curious) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jibin [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello greenman,
    Thanks. I hope your reply was to me.
    Could you pls explain the tech thing behind this ? (Curious) :-)
    The G935F and G935FD can share the same firmware.
    The hardware set up (single sim v dual sim) will select whether sim manager is required.

hey i have samsung s7 edge at&t version(snapdragon 820) ... can i install indian firmware on it...which firmware i can install?

The USA phones cannot have India firmware installed.
    AT&T firmware only (if you can find any)

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The G935F and G935FD can share the same firmware.
    The hardware set up (single sim v dual sim) will select whether sim manager is required.
    Hi,
    My Phone is dual sim. Can I go ahead with G930FD ?

Quote Originally Posted by jibin [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,
    My Phone is dual sim. Can I go ahead with G930FD ?
    Yes.