Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dm-verity verification failed. DRK problem

dm-verity verification failed. DRK problem

Please, my note 4 is with a DRK problem. I have no idea what is it! I've never rooted my phone and i don't want to root it.
    Let me try to explain what's going on. The phone is working normal, with android 6.0.1 and there is no problem with the software, but when i try to do a factory data reset through phone settings backup and reset, it automatically goes to the hard reset screen and appears the following sentence:

Supported API: 3
    dm-verity verification failed.
    Need to check DRK first...

Then i do wipe data factory reset, erase all the things and install the software normally.

Can i just ignore this? Or is there any problem or solution?

thanks

If you managed to install your firmware and your phone is connecting to the network, then you can ignore the message.
    DRK = Device Root Key and is a secure check of your firmware at boot up.
    In your case it may have come up in error.

hello i have a n910t but when i upgrade to mm 6.0 via odin i get not signal? and the dm-verity error shows on recovery. how can i fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Davila1229 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hello i have a n910t but when i upgrade to mm 6.0 via odin i get not signal? and the dm-verity error shows on recovery. how can i fix?
    If you are not in the USA and on the TMobile network then I would not have advised making this update.
    Other members have reported that it is locking their phones to TMobile.

I have not found a solution to this problem at the moment.
    You could try downgrading to the previous firmware, but I suspect that the marshmallow bootloader will prevent the downgrade.

i am able to downgrade to 5.1.1 via odin, but i still get the same error message. is this something that can be fixed with an android box? like the imei repairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Davila1229 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i am able to downgrade to 5.1.1 via odin, but i still get the same error message. is this something that can be fixed with an android box? like the imei repairs?
    The “dm-verity verification failed” error or screen shows up only if the EFS folder or its contents are tampered, deleted or changed. The EFS folder contains very sensitive and important files and data that are unique to your phone only, one example of this is the IMEI.

You are correct.
    An EFS/ IMEI repair is required.

ok, thank you, because a store is charging me $50 to fix this. i just want to make sure it is ok to do so.

and that its not a scam. so after they fix this the phone should be back to original settings? also how can i verify it the phone is factory unloked propertly? can you unlock a phone by tampering with the efs folder?

Phones can be unlocked using the imei number in the EFS folder.

If you can provide files to fix DRK when avaliable i will greatly appreciate it.