Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cannot read sim card

Cannot read sim card

hi...i live in Pakistan and i have s6 edge...it was rooted and today i installed firmware for Uk EE and now it doesn't read sim cards used in pakistan....is it caused by firmware that is of UK? do i need to install firmware for Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by 0maxy0 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi...i live in Pakistan and i have s6 edge...it was rooted and today i installed firmware for Uk EE and now it doesn't read sim cards used in pakistan....is it caused by firmware that is of UK? do i need to install firmware for Pakistan?
    EE is a UK network firmware.
    A better one to install would be UK XEU.
    Guide here,
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

i'm currently downloading this one [ Login above or register to see download links. ] cuz its of pakistan......should i download that one which u said or continue to download this one?
    and "no sim card" cause by firmware of UK?

Quote Originally Posted by 0maxy0 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    i'm currently downloading this one [ Login above or register to see download links. ] cuz its of pakistan......should i download that one which u said or continue to download this one?
    and "no sim card" cause by firmware of UK?
    That would be a better one to install as you are in Pakistan.

Here is the PIT file you will need to install it:

SM-G925F OJP multi CSC ( AFG BTC EGY KSA LYS MAT MID MWD PAK THR TMC TUN WTL XSG )
    ZEROLTE_EUR_OPEN_HIDDEN150M.pit

tysm.....also "pit" sry im not used to this kind of stuff.....all i did to install previous firmware was download .tar.md5 file open odin3.11 click AP add that .tar.md5 file there and next steps...do i need to do something with this "pit" to install this PAK firmware or it can work like before i did previously?

tysm.....also "pit" sry im not used to this kind of stuff.....all i did to install previous firmware was download .tar.md5 file open odin3.11 click AP add that .tar.md5 file there and next steps...do i need to do something with this "pit" to install this PAK firmware or it can work like before i did previously?
    You may not need the PIT file, but if Odin fails, then use the PIT as explained in the guide post#2.

oh man tysm ! u really helped me !

ohh 1 more thing i just upgraded my android version to 6.0.1 and this firmware is for 5.1.1....it would cause any problem or....?

ummmm tell me pls?

ummmm tell me pls?
    I did notice that you were not planning on installing a marshmallow PAK firmware , and wondered why.

You may be able to install the 5.1.1 firmware, although I suspect it will fail at s.boot.
    If so, then install the latest firmware here: