Thread: SM-G900F Can I change countries and firmware?

SM-G900F Can I change countries and firmware?

Good afternoon, I have an Samsung S5 Model number SM-G900F with Android 6.0.1 Baseband Version G900FXXU1CPB8, Build Number MMB29M.G900FXXU1CPF7, Knox 2.6, AP: G900FXXU1CPF7, CP: G900FXXU1CPB8, CSC: G900FOJV1CPF1.

I was in the Middle East (thus the OJV) however I am now back in Canada and I am on the Virgin Mobile Canada network. I would like to be able to utilize the country specific apps available here in Canada however I keep getting the error that "this app is not available in your country". This is the home depot Canada app and the Virgin Mobile Canada app etc. I tried changing my country in the play store but this did not correct the issue. Can someone please direct me to a way to fix this? I have seen different methods. I don't want a brick for a phone but would love to use it here in Canada to it's fullest potential.
    Thanks in advance
    Rustyone780

When you say a Canada app and the Virgin Mobile Canada app, are these available in the Play Store?
    If not then you will need the .apk for the app to be able to install it on your phone.
    I suspect that the apps are linked and provided within the Virgin Mobile Canada firmware and this is not available for your phone.

Yes they are available in the app store but when I try to select I get either this app is not available in your country or I get you do not have a compatible device. If you look in the store you will find Home Depot.ca as well as Virgin Mobile Canada. Virgin Mobile Saudi appears but not Virgin Canada.

I can get the app in the UK.
    Does this link help at all?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

No sir. I get the message " this item isn't available in your country"

If that didn't work, here is a method that has been reported to work:

I can confirm that this worked (change default payment to desired country and purchase app). Nothing else I tried worked.

Source:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/426646-how-can-i-change-my-country-play-store.html

This kind of worked for me. I tried it and it did not work. I did however work with slight adjustment. The Second time I cleared all cashes and data and unninstallled updates for anything Google. (Play store, play music, google plus etc.) rebooted and made a refunded purchase. Rebooted, selected play store and all is right. Thanks GREENMAN for your help.