Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: "Finalizing Android update" on every startup

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4

    "Finalizing Android update" on every startup

    I live in the United States, in Michigan. I recently bought a Sprint Note 4 without a SIM card as I intend to use it only as a wifi connected device at most. Recently it auto-updated to Android 6.0.1 (I turned off auto updates) via my wifi network.

    Now every time I turn it on, within a few minutes, a message pops up that says "Finalizing Android update. Please wait..."

    If I'm not wifi connected, it will stay on that message screen till I press "Cancel."

    If I am connected, it will move on the the next screen that says, "ATTENTION Android update successful." I then press "OK" to make it go away.

    See attachments.

    I was wondering if I can stop these screens from appearing. They aren't causing a problem (at least none that I've noticed), but they are annoying. Does anyone have a suggestion?


    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Can you long press on the message and then Dismiss?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    No. I have to press "cancel" for the first message, if I'm not wifi connected, and "ok" on the second every time.
    Last edited by sfeinbe; 18-06-2016 at 11:42.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Quote Originally Posted by sfeinbe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No. I have to press "cancel" for the first message, if I'm not wifi connected, and "ok" on the second every time.
    Put your phone into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    51
    Have you activated your device yet? That could be the problem.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    I don't intend to activate it. As for wiping the cache, I did that, but haven't done the data/factory reset. I may try that next.

    On second thought, I was wondering if there's something other than a factory reset I could try as I've already changed a number of settings to my liking and don't want to change them all over again.
    Last edited by sfeinbe; 19-06-2016 at 13:53.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,803
    Quote Originally Posted by sfeinbe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I don't intend to activate it. As for wiping the cache, I did that, but haven't done the data/factory reset. I may try that next.

    On second thought, I was wondering if there's something other than a factory reset I could try as I've already changed a number of settings to my liking and don't want to change them all over again.
    iceguyver's suggestion is a good one.
    Android is expecting you to install the update and will keep giving messages until you do so.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    iceguyver's suggestion is a good one.
    Android is expecting you to install the update and will keep giving messages until you do so.
    I did install the Android update. Are you saying I need to get a sim card and activate it for the messages to disappear?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by sfeinbe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I did install the Android update. Are you saying I need to get a sim card and activate it for the messages to disappear?
    Yeah, every Samsung device released from the SGS4 onwards require you to activate it before you can use it properly. It's a simple process, all you have to do is put a SIM card into your device and make a 5-10 minute phone call. That is it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •