Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #HOW TO UPGRADE SGH-T959V (Galaxy S 4G)_(indonesian user)

#HOW TO UPGRADE SGH-T959V (Galaxy S 4G)_(indonesian user)

##ASK##

a few weeks ago I buy SGH-T959V (Galaxy S 4G) with conditions OS.Froyo 2.2, T959VUVKB5, the phone is already open system (root), and there is CWM ! and I was the Indonesia people, so sorry if my English was bad!
    I wanted to ask ...

1. how can I upgrade to ginggerbread? whether enough with Odin (download mode, the HP(handphone) plug into the PC, click the PDA, and start )...???
    2. how to root and CWM in my HP? what it is does not interrupt the installation stock rom / official rom?
    3. there may be willing to share knowledge and tutorials to my problems!
    4. What I need to upgrade?
    5. thanks for help ...

may be a reply can be sent to my gmail ... [email protected]
    Last edited by ibnu ichsan; 18-01-2012 at 17:54.

This phone (SGS-4G) I bought in a state of already in use, so I'm not purchased new! there may be someone who buys this phone in USA, and took him to Indonesia, then sold! and I was the next owner!
    Can I upgrade to gingerbread using Odin, with the condition of phone is rooted, and has the CWM? I've downloaded odin and firmware T959VUVKJ6!
    somebody ... help me ... please

Quote Originally Posted by ibnu ichsan View Post
    This phone (SGS-4G) I bought in a state of already in use, so I'm not purchased new! there may be someone who buys this phone in USA, and took him to Indonesia, then sold! and I was the next owner!
    Can I upgrade to gingerbread using Odin, with the condition of phone is rooted, and has the CWM? I've downloaded odin and firmware T959VUVKJ6!
    somebody ... help me ... please
    Yes you can... Cos i already try that on my gt-i9100... As long as you follow the instruction..

thanks for the response Adiafike ...
    so I just have to go into download mode (up and down volume buttons), then plug the USB into the computer, open Odin, click PDA, enter the file or the latest firmware, wait for it to be detected with Odin, and then click start, wait until the PASS, you're done!
    whether rooted and CWM are already on the phone before, it will not affect?
    whether the steps are similar to those you do on your GT-i9100?

Quote Originally Posted by ibnu ichsan View Post
    thanks for the response Adiafike ...
    so I just have to go into download mode (up and down volume buttons), then plug the USB into the computer, open Odin, click PDA, enter the file or the latest firmware, wait for it to be detected with Odin, and then click start, wait until the PASS, you're done!
    whether rooted and CWM are already on the phone before, it will not affect?
    whether the steps are similar to those you do on your GT-i9100?
    Yes it will not affect at all.. cos i was rooted my sgs2 too... but the superuser will be offline or you need to root phone again.. yap those step are wht i do in my phone br

If your sgs2 4g lte have a home button then the download mode is push the home button, volume down and power on off in the same time... if you dont have home button then try push the volume down and power on off in the same time... thats all

If you want to root your phone you must download the insecure cwm.. You can find it in the dev.team or try to google it.. then use odin again just like your update your phone... And if yellow triangle appear then you download the secure cwm in the dev team then use odin just like before.. the step are the same as you update your phone..

yes, every device has different ways to enter download mode! in another forum, I'm getting way by pressing the volume up and down simultaneously to SGS-4G! if it does not work, then I will use you the way! ;-)
    (Yes, on my device there is only up + down volume button and power button / screen lock!)
    1. if I could use the SOC (super one click) to root my device ..?
    2. or I should install the CWM (clockworkmod) using odin? and my device will automatically take root?
    3. sorry if I ask too many questions ... I'm just afraid I'll die total device! and in my country there is no forum for SGS-4G ...!

*Sent from Tapatalk*

how can i make my t959 t-mobile arabic

if you mean the default language ... I do not know ... but if to support Arabic fonts ... not a lot of support keyboard2 ...
    ;-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

[HELP]
    my phone suddenly lost the signal ... and when the check on setting ... IMEI NUMBER is UNKNOWN ...! baseband version too!
    after clicking the wireless & network settings > mobile networks ... always out the pop up "insert simcard"...!!!
    what can I do ...????
    please help me.........

I've re-booted, change the simcard, re-flashing, imei still unknown ...