Thread: UK firmware releases

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry UK firmware releases

I've got a Galaxy S7 in the UK, originally from Vodafone but back in March I flashed the generic firmware onto it.

I notice that devices from no network in the UK, or even carrier-free devices, have received the May or June security patches. Plenty of other countries have received these updates. There are not even any firmware images to download for these updates. Anyone any idea why this is?

If a carrier has not released and update, then first of all, that is their decision and based upon their technical teams assessment.
    Secondly, until the firmware is released and submitted to Samsung, then Sammobile cannot download the update onto its servers.

I understand that, but I'm wondering why Samsung is now 2 months behind their security updates in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by WattsvilleBlues [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I understand that, but I'm wondering why Samsung is now 2 months behind their security updates in the UK.
    Have you got the April firmware?
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

The android version of both these firmwares is PDA: 1APD3
    The latest European country to get an update s Netherlands on PDA: 1APD1 (an older version than BTU)

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Have you got the April firmware?

The android version of both these firmwares is PDA: 1APD3
    The latest European country to get an update s Netherlands on PDA: 1APD1 (an older version than BTU)
    I had the April security patch but used the link in the XDA forums to upgrade to a later build from April. For some reason though it's removed the feature to Identiify Unsaved Numbers, which I'm not happy about. Any idea how to get that back?
    Last edited by WattsvilleBlues; 04-06-2016 at 11:58.