Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: note 4 ee uk update 6.0.1 (Broken) carphone warehouse

Lad at works phone is like mine was but his is o2 locked will the German build work on his like mine if I try to put it on with odin ? Or will he need a spicific version . Tried factory reset it worked for a bit then reset stuck it in download mode

Quote Originally Posted by coatsy101 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Lad at works phone is like mine was but his is o2 locked will the German build work on his like mine if I try to put it on with odin ? Or will he need a spicific version . Tried factory reset it worked for a bit then reset stuck it in download mode
    Being locked makes no difference to installing firmware.
    Is his firmware currently on O2U (UK O2 network)
    Dial *#1234# to check and look at the CSC value.
    After the model number is the 3 letter code that gives the firmware CSC on there.

Your firmware is UK BTU.
    Is this what your friend wants on his phone?
    If so, then it will need the UK BTU PIT file to install.

The handset is stuck in download mode currently he just wants the handset working the same as mine is il try and get it to boot up and let u know

Quote Originally Posted by coatsy101 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The handset is stuck in download mode currently he just wants the handset working the same as mine is il try and get it to boot up and let u know
    If stuck in download mode, he can try installing either the same firmware (no PIT file required) or another firmware (PIT file required)

BTU PIT file here:
    SM-N910F OXA multi CSC ( BTU CPW DBT ITV KOR XEF XEO )
    SM-N910F BAL
    SM-N910F OXX multi CSC ( CYO RTL MET ORX TPH XEF )
    SM-N910F PHN
    TRELTE_EUR_OPEN.pit
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

BTU firmware here:

That's the info on the screen

That's the info on the screen
    The CSC has the O2U code for O2 UK.

The first decision is whether your friend wants to stay with O2 firmware or change .
    If staying with O2 then it can be reinstalled with SmartSwitch and phone in download mode as in post #2 here:

If installing with Odin then no PIT file is required and the latest firmware is here:

NOTE: This is the same as on the phone already

Add me to this list of problem updates. My phone (Dutch - PHN) ran fine for over a month on the first unbranded German MM 6.0.1 rom (DBT). When the Dutch 6.0.1 was released on june 24 I made the switch.

In Recovery mode I wiped the cache, wiped data and installed the rom using Odin. I did not use an old backup and did not install any apps. From the moment the phone has booted, built-in apps started to freeze or crash. Even the calculator didn't work..couldn't enter any numbers. The browser made my phone soft resetting more than once. Some settings didn't work (for example: couldn't toggle the sound). I've never seen my phone behaving so bad after an update.

Wiping the cache (in recovery mode) only helped for a short time. After trying some other roms (to exclude a bad download) I finally installed the original 5.1.1 rom again and guess what....Everything worked like advertised again.
    Last edited by Celf; 27-06-2016 at 17:49.