Thread: S7 on Vodafone UK, want standard firmware - ideally with real FM access

S7 on Vodafone UK, want standard firmware - ideally with real FM access

Hi. Apologies as I am a newbie. Its been sometime since I had anything to do with flashing firmware.
    I've just been given a Galaxy S7 (originally locked to Vodafone UK, but now unlocked). My next challenge is to access the FM chip and run an app which accesses the chip, instead of using my data.

So far it seems that EE, T mobile have unlocked the radio chip, but Vodafone hasn't. So I presume, having read a little, I need to flash to XEU or BTU, as it is a UK mobile. Next question is how to do that and restore my data, apps, etc intact after the flash (one presumes the flash will destroy the data and app areas). A friend suggested Titanium backup might work.

Would someone be open to spelling it out for me? The objective is to land on a firmware which is UK compatible, allows me to use the radio chip, and restore my data+apps.

I'm not great with scripts, but I am good at following logic. No I am not an IT trained geek but I can hold my own with most Windows stuff (as long as its not dev work).

Thank you.

As far as I am aware it is the USA TMOBILE network that has provided the FM unlock for their phones.
    I have not heard of a similar service for UK phones.

Any EE users or any UK users able to access the onboard FM service on the S7?