Thread: S3 4.1.2. official bluetooth version

S3 4.1.2. official bluetooth version

Hi All!

What is the officially supported bluetooth version for the european s3 with android 4.1.2.?
    I would like to know if the missing bluetooth 4.0 low energy (smart) profile has been added to this version or not. I would like to buy a Polar H7 bluetooth LE heart rate sensor, but it is said, for that, I need a fully bluetooth LE compliant phone.

Thanks in advance for the answer.

You may want to read this message thread:
    http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...0-useless.html

Thank you for the quick answer.
    Unfortunately all information is for the ICS version of S3, and the JB is nowhere mentioned. I read in a couple of posts that JB supports bluetooth low energy (smart), so i thought maybe with the new version of Android, my S3 will be able to use every feature of it, since it is just a question of driver not hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxnyc View Post
    Thank you for the quick answer.
    Unfortunately all information is for the ICS version of S3, and the JB is nowhere mentioned. I read in a couple of posts that JB supports bluetooth low energy (smart), so i thought maybe with the new version of Android, my S3 will be able to use every feature of it, since it is just a question of driver not hardware.
    It would appear that the stumbling block is with your device's company providing the necessary 'library' apk to enable the connection to take place. The S3 can 'see' your device but doesn't have the language to take the relationship further.
    Contact Polar.
    Last edited by greenman; 24-01-2013 at 20:13.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    It would appear that the stumbling block is with your device's company providing the necessary 'library' apk to enable the connection to take place. The S3 can 'see' your device but doesn't have the language to take the relationship further.
    Contact Polar.
    I checked that too, but it is written, that polar uses the "standard" "Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Sensor" profile so it should be supported by all software.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxnyc View Post
    I checked that too, but it is written, that polar uses the "standard" "Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Sensor" profile so it should be supported by all software.
    It seems not.