Thread: What if I apply an upgrade made for a country different than mine?

What if I apply an upgrade made for a country different than mine?

Hi,

I have an I9070, never upgraded and now I see there's JB 4 for my Samsung. This upgrade is officially launched for Russia. My questions are:
    - if I upgrade my phone, do I risk to lost phone functionallity because of the country and local provider settings?
    - do I have to wait the upgrade of Jelly Bean strictly for my country and operator?

Thank you very much.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmfloyd View Post
    - if I upgrade my phone, do I risk to lost phone functionallity because of the country and local provider settings?
    If your phone is locked to a network operator and you'll flash it with i9070 firmware not intended for this operator then there will be a chance you''ll lose phone functionality! To prevent this either have this network lock removed or flash it with official network operator firmware

Quote Originally Posted by bmfloyd View Post
    - do I have to wait the upgrade of Jelly Bean strictly for my country and operator?
    If it's not network locked then you can flash any firmware you want...just have to change CSC! Otherwise you're stuck with the operators JB and just ahve to wait for the update...

But as I recall (and I can be wrong) the i9070 also has a flashcounter built in so beware because there no remedy to remove it (yet) so in case of warranty this can become a problem!

BTW: MOVED this thread to the correct section!
    Last edited by Zoomy; 30-01-2013 at 16:11. Reason: Wrong section