Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung Tab S2 SM-T815 32GB

Samsung Tab S2 SM-T815 32GB

Hi, I have a Vodafone Tab S2 I am about to unlock it, and would like to change the firmware to UK BTU factory firmware. Is this easily possible with out a PIT file? Or do I need a PIT file. If so where can I find the right one? I would appreciate some guidance. Thanks

It is unlikely that you will need a PIT file to install BTU.
    BTU firmware here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

You do realise that by installing a non Vodafone firmware you will lose wifi calling?

General install guidance using Odin here:

After installing put your Tab into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset to complete the transfer to BTU.
    Your Tab will now get OTA updates.

Thank you appreciate your guidance if I need the PIT file is it freely avaliable? Also I had no idea in regards the WiFi calling need to look at that a bit more! Is it auto over wifi or do I need to request it?

Thanks again really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 14ay [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you appreciate your guidance if I need the PIT file is it freely avaliable? Also I had no idea in regards the WiFi calling need to look at that a bit more! Is it auto over wifi or do I need to request it?

Thanks again really appreciated.
    WiFi calling is voice calls over the LTE/4G network.
    You therefore need a Vodafone sim activated for LTE/4G and a 4G data package on Vodafone firmware.
    Some info on it here:

You would have to request a PIT if required from our technical moderator, but I do not think you need it.
    For the PIT contact yakapa40 with the BTU firmware and request he extracts the PIT file (but try without first)
    yakapa40 email here:

Thank you, just waiting on confirmation that the SIM unlock code is avaliable and will unlock and try the firmware upgrade over the next couple of days. Will let you know how it goes.

Thx again

Hi unlocked the phone last night and decided to upload the Germany Marshmallow software, went totally smoothly no issues at all. Device is much smoother to operate, in fact seems quicker. It also was charged to 100% last night and still showed 100% this morning so 6.01 is more power efficient it seems.

Thanks for your guidance really appreciated.

😎

Hi I have a tab s2 T815 , when i tried to upgrade to marshmallow it just froze.see picture.only loaded pda file.its the vodafone firmware from south africa.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro530 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hi I have a tab s2 T815 , when i tried to upgrade to marshmallow it just froze.see picture.only loaded pda file.its the vodafone firmware from south africa.
    I hope the screen shot is not of your Tab install.

Why?
    1. You are installing a UK BTU firmware not a South Africa Vodafone firmware.
    2. It is the wrong firmware model for your Tab.
    P605 is the Samsung Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)

what can i do ?

help!!!