Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Tab S2 SM-T815 32GB

remember it stopped at nand write start.was there a transfer done with the wrong pda ? i unplugged the cable then.i never see the green download icon on the tab for the transfer of the wrong firmware.i tried to turn off the tab by holding the power button down but it never switch off.what is nand write ? start.remember the tab never say anything was completed.stayed in download mode all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro530 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    remember it stopped at nand write start.was there a transfer done with the wrong pda ? i unplugged the cable then.i never see the green download icon on the tab for the transfer of the wrong firmware.i tried to turn off the tab by holding the power button down but it never switch off.what is nand write ? start.remember the tab never say anything was completed.stayed in download mode all the time.
    I understand what you are saying and agree.
    Odin is usually quite intelligent and will not install the firmware.
    This is why it stopped at Nand(Write) - this is the firmware being written (or not written in your case) to your Tab.
    This is why I asked you to exit download mode and reboot in Recovery Mode - or you can just reboot as the firmware should not have been altered.

Did you try to exit download mode by holding the volume down and power button (together) as posted?

no i didnt try.let me try now

yep it worked !!! it never write any firmware to the tab!!! all the data firmware is intact !!!

thanks !!!! i owe you green man !!!

Quote Originally Posted by nitro530 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    yep it worked !!! it never write any firmware to the tab!!! all the data firmware is intact !!!
    Odin is very good.
    It can even compensate for user mistakes.

whew!! that was a close call,the pc never transfer the pda from odin to the tab !! i need to be careful of the firmware i have installed.i didnt know how to exit from download mode.i was using the power button only.i never use the combos.

yes thanks mate.am looking for marshmallow am in south africa and the tab is unbranded,not vodafone,i was stressing and worrying for hours.

ill use smartswitch now to backup and upgrade.i thought i was at a loss.am glad am came here and sought help and i am glad and happy that you are able to help assist and help users like us !!! thanks a million !!! you are a great asset help and i hope the best for you !!! hope samsung hires you greenman!!! i owe you alot of beers !!! lol

yes thanks mate.am looking for marshmallow am in south africa and the tab is unbranded,not vodafone,i was stressing and worrying for hours.
    The good news for you is that South Africa uses the same firmware as the Middle East.
    When looking for a MM update, look for the letters 'OJV' in the CSC.

You can install any of these firmwares without changing your South Africa CSC code.
    Look here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

At the time of posting there are no 'OJV' updates to MM as they are mainly network releases.

The best at the moment would be Germany (DBT)
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

But you may need a PIT file to install it.