Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Error SW REV. Check Fail Device 4. Binary 3

Error SW REV. Check Fail Device 4. Binary 3

Hello All,
    I am trying to flash my sm-g920v back to Lollipop 5.1.1 that it originally came with. I dislike the Marshmallow 6.0.
    When starting the download using Odin, after a few seconds the phone kicks out "SW REV. Check Fail. Device 4. Binary 3.

G920VVRU3BOG5_G920VVZW3BOG5_G920VVRU3BOG5_HOME.tar .md5 is the firmware listed for this phone.

I also tried trying clearing the cache, getting the same error.

Any ideas how to work past this error?
    Last edited by tigger69; 26-04-2016 at 04:17.

These USA network phones can be difficult if using out of the USA and not on the Verizon network.
    The bootloader in marshmallow is probably locked and preventing any downgrade.

What problems are you having with marshmallow as it is probably better trying to resolve those problems.

I am having exactly same problem, my sm-g920v was able to boot, but with sudden reboots after few seconds, I tried a restore over the original recovery and nothing, I also tried to boot on safe mode, to odin flash G920VVRU3BOG5_G920VVZW3BOG5_G920VVRU3BOG5_HOME.tar , ALL_VZW_G920VVRU1AOC3_G920VVZW1AOC3_CL4318389_QB44 24773_REV02_user_low_ship.tar & SM-G920V_1_20160406214453_1v4iwguojt.tar, but none of those seems to work, this is my log:

<ID:0/007> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/007> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
    <ID:0/007> File analysis..
    <ID:0/007> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/007> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/007> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/007> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/007> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/007> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/007> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/007> FAIL!
    <ID:0/007>
    <ID:0/007> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

some says that it could be just flashing the bootloader/modem files separate of firmware, but I can't find any tar file to try, and now, it keeps on bootloop on the galaxy S6 logo.

I still can access the recovery (with dm-verity verification failed and install flash from external disabled messages), download mode and maintenance menu, so my hope is still alive! XD

I guess is all the information I have, hoping somebody can help me to revive my s6

Your Odin log shows a failure after the secure bootloader,.
    You need install the same firmware version that is on your phone, or a newer version.

See if SmartSwitch will install the firmware with your phone in download mode as in post #2 here;
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Your Odin log shows a failure after the secure bootloader,.
    You need install the same firmware version that is on your phone, or a newer version.

See if SmartSwitch will install the firmware with your phone in download mode as in post #2 here;
    Done... Seems like it was updated to marshmallow, but it keeps rebooting, tried with safe mode again and all the possible wipes, but nothing, even tried again with odin, and the same

<ID:0/004> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
    <ID:0/004> File analysis..
    <ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/004> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/004> sboot.bin
    <ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/004> FAIL!
    <ID:0/004>
    <ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I dont't know what else to try. It has no warranty...

Check the following:
    1. You are using an original quality USB cable. The thinner charging cables are no good as they cannot transmit data.
    2. Connect directly to the USB port and not through a USB hub.
    3. Try another USB port.

My phone was eating up the battery twice as fast as with Lollipop. The camera would only come up in 1/3 the screen and in selfie mode when texting. They rearranged the symbols on the keyboard (why?).

But after having to do several factory resets most of the weirdness of Marshmallow seems to have fixed themselves. Battery even seems to last better than before. That may be because I have not put any
    apps back on yet. I can relearn the keyboard.

My phone is in the US and on the Verizon network. I just wanted my phone the way it was before the upgrade that I mistaken thought was a security update.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Check the following:
    1. You are using an original quality USB cable. The thinner charging cables are no good as they cannot transmit data.
    2. Connect directly to the USB port and not through a USB hub.
    3. Try another USB port.
    Everything done already at this moment, but the same, bootloop again U.u

Hi there,

I too have this problem albeit quite recent. The original firmware was XSG and seeing that XEU was on G925___4*** I decided to odin flash this. The flash was successful however when I try to go back G925FXXU3DPER (which is the latest for my device), I keep getting this error..

I have a feeling that the latest XEU version has an updated bootloader which could be the reason why I keep getting this message. Can you please confirm if this is so?

You are correct.
    The XEU firmware is a newer version.

However, you can install this Middle East firmware

The default code is XSG.