Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 238

Thread: Galaxy S7 CSC change

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Switzerland (AUT) is a good firmware to be on.
    Are you having problems?
    Is your firmware up to date?
    Check here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi thank you for reply, with AUT don't have any problem, only a little slow to upgrade as BTU firmware.

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    According to the list in the sticky thread on pit files [ Login above or register to see download links. ] the NEE firmware is a single csc firmware.
    The confusion may stem from the fact that NEE also is contained inside the OXA multi-csc firmware that has BTU as its default csc. Britons often use the OXA firmware and may think of it as a BTU firmware when in fact it’s a multi-csc firmware.
    This is at least my interpretation of the list in the above mentioned thread. Please correct me if I am wrong!

  3. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Isn't the CSC_NEE file supposed to contain the needed pit file, to then be used by the newer versions of Odin automatically? BTW did you get confirmation that the NEE firmware is in fact single-CSC?
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    According to the list in the sticky thread on pit files [ Login above or register to see download links. ] the NEE firmware is a single csc firmware.
    The confusion may stem from the fact that NEE also is contained inside the OXA multi-csc firmware that has BTU as its default csc. Britons often use the OXA firmware and may think of it as a BTU firmware when in fact it’s a multi-csc firmware.
    This is at least my interpretation of the list in the above mentioned thread. Please correct me if I am wrong!
    That would be very convenient, and make more sense, but I don't know. Is that something you assume or?
    Also, by now I'm pretty sure NEE is single CSC, just got another friend to check his phone, [ Login above or register to see download links. ] on Phone INFO.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxyFan [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    That would be very convenient, and make more sense, but I don't know. Is that something you assume or?
    Also, by now I'm pretty sure NEE is single CSC, just got another friend to check his phone, [ Login above or register to see download links. ] on Phone INFO.
    Yes, I am pretty sure of this too. I might take my chances and flash the new NEE onto my S7 SM-G930F phone with product code ROM and with current newest firmware OXX, a multi-csc firmware that contain BGL CYO ETL MET ORX ROM SEB SEE SIO TOP TWO VIM XEF XEH XEO, defaults to XEO, Polish.
    I hope this will not tripp KNOX or that I will not have trouble revering to the OXX again för warrentys sake, since the product code of my unit is contained in the OXX it would retake the csc of ROM.
    Am I right or wrong?
    Last edited by jerryswe; 25-09-2016 at 11:27. Reason: correction

  5. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,789
    If you install the NEE firmware you will be using the CSC (with PIT file).
    This will wipe your original ROM identity.

    If you then return to the ROM firmware the default XEO code will be set.

    Knox will not be tripped.

  6. #86
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes, I am pretty sure of this too. I might take my chances and flash the new NEE onto my S7 SM-G930F phone with product code ROM and with current newest firmware OXX, a multi-csc firmware that contain BGL CYO ETL MET ORX ROM SEB SEE SIO TOP TWO VIM XEF XEH XEO, defaults to XEO, Polish.
    I hope this will not tripp KNOX or that I will not have trouble revering to the OXX again för warrentys sake, since the product code of my unit is contained in the OXX it would retake the csc of ROM.
    Am I right or wrong?
    So you have 2 phones or have I misunderstood you?
    I don't think flashing the official firmware will trip KNOX, HOWEVER I can't seem to find proper information on what technically trips KNOX - the standard answer is "if you root the device" and I assume rooting is basically messing with the bootloader, so it becomes non-official? And choosing (all files including) BL you download from Sammobile, is the official bootloader so it wont trip KNOX I guess?

    In my case it shouldn't be hard to revert to stock, as the DBT code seems to be a single-CSC firmware.

    A side question, I wonder if you need to activate USB debugging or similar before flashing with Odin? I think I saw some prerequisites that needed to be changed in settings before flashing, however only some guides contain that info.

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you install the NEE firmware you will be using the CSC (with PIT file).
    This will wipe your original ROM identity.

    If you then return to the ROM firmware the default XEO code will be set.

    Knox will not be tripped.
    In a message you refer to in another thread [ Login above or register to see download links. ] you say that if the original product code would be applied if found, and since I would need root to change this product code of ROM I had the feeling that it remained through firmware flashing regardless of csc value.
    Is it not the product code (the unchangeable ROM for me) that determine the csc use?

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxyFan [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So you have 2 phones or have I misunderstood you?
    I don't think flashing the official firmware will trip KNOX, HOWEVER I can't seem to find proper information on what technically trips KNOX - the standard answer is "if you root the device" and I assume rooting is basically messing with the bootloader, so it becomes non-official? And choosing (all files including) BL you download from Sammobile, is the official bootloader so it wont trip KNOX I guess?

    In my case it shouldn't be hard to revert to stock, as the DBT code seems to be a single-CSC firmware.

    A side question, I wonder if you need to activate USB debugging or similar before flashing with Odin? I think I saw some prerequisites that needed to be changed in settings before flashing, however only some guides contain that info.
    No, I only have one S7, imported from Romania to Sweden. I am Swedish and it just cought my mind that perhaps I should convert to the more native NEE from ROM. But as greenman has pointed out a couple of times there are no real advantages with doing this![ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by jerryswe; 25-09-2016 at 12:08. Reason: Ad screenshot

  9. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    No, I only have one S7, imported from Romania to Sweden. I am Swedish and it just cought my mind that perhaps I should convert to the more native NEE from ROM. But as greenman has pointed out a couple of times there are no real advantages with doing this!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    and with current newest firmware OXX, a multi-csc firmware that contain BGL CYO ETL MET ORX ROM SEB SEE SIO TOP TWO VIM XEF XEH XEO, defaults to XEO, Polish.
    This what was confused me, where does the OXX firmware become relevant?

    As I mentioned earlier, I've heard the CSC contains drivers optimized for different countries networks and other small tweaks.
    Comparing for instance network frequencies between Sweden and Romania, the difference is small though, so I doubt it will make a big difference there. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    The thing that bothers me is the small German apps and changes found around in the firmware (when I specifically went for a nordic firmware, and got a german one twice now), and if it's relatively risk free to just flash the nordic one, I may as well just do that.
    I'm going to root my phone anyway later.


    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    In a message you refer to in another thread [ Login above or register to see download links. ] you say that if the original product code would be applied if found, and since I would need root to change this product code of ROM I had the feeling that it remained through firmware flashing regardless of csc value.
    Is it not the product code (the unchangeable ROM for me) that determine the csc use?
    But if the flashed firmware (including the CSC file with the pit file inside) is single csc, you wont get your old CSC right?
    Last edited by SamsungGalaxyFan; 25-09-2016 at 12:18.

  10. #90
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxyFan [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This what was confused me, where does the OXX firmware become relevant?

    As I mentioned earlier, I've heard the CSC contains drivers optimized for different countries networks and other small tweaks.
    Comparing for instance network frequencies between Sweden and Romania, the difference is small though, so I doubt it will make a big difference there. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    The thing that bothers me is the small German apps and changes found around in the firmware (when I specifically went for a nordic firmware, and got a german one twice now), and if it's relatively risk free to just flash the nordic one, I may as well just do that.
    I'm going to root my phone anyway later.



    But if the flashed firmware (including the CSC file with the pit file inside) is single csc, you wont get your old CSC right?
    The OXX firmware is the one currently on my phone. This is a multi-csc including the ROM csc.
    The file I might have to REflash is a multi, namely the OXX with the ROM csc and others.
    Last edited by jerryswe; 25-09-2016 at 12:30. Reason: correction

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •