Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S7 CSC change

How can I check whether LTE is available? In the network mode I do see the option to select LTE/CDMA but that's probably not the best way to check. For my first install of 930U I would still need Odin right? and then follow the steps in:

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

and get the firmware from

Would the carrier make a difference? I know my Dutch provider is using the T-mobile network so I suppose that would be my best bet. Do you agree or would you suggest an alternative? Can I load the newest version immediately or do you recommend a lower version?

What I am suggesting is that you do not assume that the FrequencyCheck site is 100% correct.
    Using your existing LTE sim card, see if you can install the correct Access Point Names for your network (if not already sent to you by text/SMS.

If you cannot get LTE/WCDMA/GSM (as I see your settings have the USA CDMA setting) then install the G930U firmware as in the instructions that you have linked to.

I don't think the LTE is working. I get LTE: ESM -x EMM -15. When I manually add the APN I do get a connection but it stays in 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by NLS79 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I don't think the LTE is working. I get LTE: ESM -x EMM -15. When I manually add the APN I do get a connection but it stays in 3G.
    Ok
    The phone is on CDMA settings and you want WCDMA & GSM & LTE
    Try installing the G930U firmware with Odin.
    Last edited by greenman; 12-08-2017 at 17:57.

Thank you for your advice I will try installing the 930U do you have suggestion which carrier to chose? Can I install the most recent version or will that require android 7 to work?

Quote Originally Posted by NLS79 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you for your advice I will try installing the 930U do you have suggestion which carrier to chose? Can I install the most recent version or will that require android 7 to work?
    The firmware is in fact all the same (look at the csc versions)
    My link below was to the Sprint XAS version, and is as good as any.

Almost there, just one more question do I need to repartition or is BST part of the CNC options in the 930U as well?

Good morning gentlemen, I just installed a rom on my s7. And when I finish the cell appears to me in emergency calls, and when trying to call me it says unregistered network .. I can do to solve this problem thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by ADOLFO BB [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Good morning gentlemen, I just installed a rom on my s7. And when I finish the cell appears to me in emergency calls, and when trying to call me it says unregistered network .. I can do to solve this problem thanks ...
    Is the phone locked to a network?
    Is the phone blacklisted?
    Check imei here:

THank you greenman for your help. I opted not to repartition and the phone is working great. No more LTE messages and the change SIM pin code is back in the options. After installing the updates started downloading automatically and now I'm completly up to date with Android 7. I just checked and BST is included in the CSC list as an option but the XAA seems to be working fine. I still feel the battery is draining to quickly is there an app that can diagnose whether the battery is OK?