Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S7 CSC change

I have installed the "ARO" rom and installed by default UPO. The default csc of each multi csc is changing in each new rom? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rivilli [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have installed the "ARO" rom and installed by default UPO. The default csc of each multi csc is changing in each new rom? Thanks
    Thank you for the feedback.
    It does look like you are correct and Samsung is making life difficult.

Hi,

I bought a S7 930-P preferring snapdragon over exynos, the seller warned me that it wouldn't support the Dutch language but I was OK with English so I bought it anyway. After installing the SIM card I didn't get mobile data to work. My menu didn't have the option to manually input APN either. After some googling I managed to solve it using Change APN and manually input the data from my provider.
    Now I also wanted to change the default pin code of my sim card but this option is also not in my menu (I checked in Lock screen security and other security settings). As I understand it this could be due to the CNC that is loaded on my phone. So now I'd like to change the CNC but I'm not sure whether I can load one of the Dutch options (Netherlands= BEN, KPN, MMO, ONL, QIC, TFT, TNL, VDF, VDP, XEN)? From reading this forum I understand that I will not be able to change from 930P to 930F as the hardware is different, correct? Can I still change my CNC to one of the Dutch versions or will these only work with 930F.

Apart from the menu problems the phone is working OK although I find that the battery is draining quickly. It also occasionally loses network connection completely would the CNC change have any impact on that or is it unrelated?

You cannot install any G930F, and you can only use CSC codes in the firmware.
    You would be better installing an unlocked version of your USA Sprint phone.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

But if you have got your phone working with your CSC change, there is not much benefit at this stage.
    If you update you may want to consider the G930U version

From the Phone Info app I gathered the following information on my device:

Product Code Not active
    Original CSC code
    Active CSC code BST
    PDA version G930PVPS4APK1
    CSC version G930PSPT4APK1
    Baseband version G930PVPS4APK1
    Android version 6.0.1
    Mobile operator Ben NL / 20416

Hi thank you for the quick reply. I have actually not changed the CSC yet as I was afraid I couldn't opt for a Duch version which you confirmed. What's the benefit of changing to the G930U version? I suppose I would then need Odin to update instead of smartswitch.

Quote Originally Posted by NLS79 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi thank you for the quick reply. I have actually not changed the CSC yet as I was afraid I couldn't opt for a Duch version which you confirmed. What's the benefit of changing to the G930U version? I suppose I would then need Odin to update instead of smartswitch.
    The advantage is that there is no risk that Sprint will lock your phone to their network.

If you did install a G930U firmware and then put the phone into Recovery Mode to wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset, you can use SmartSwitch to update.

But as I have said already, if your phone is now working ok there is no need to make any changes.

I guess you have already found out that your phone does not support any network LTE frequencies.

Ouch no I had not, suppose that going to U will not solve that issue either. Guess I made a bad call going for this version.

Quote Originally Posted by NLS79 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ouch no I had not, suppose that going to U will not solve that issue either. Guess I made a bad call going for this version.
    Strangely enough it may just do exactly that.
    The frequency support is in the modem, but looks like Sprint have not activated that frequency.
    Do check first, but if LTE is not available try installing the G930U firmware as the FrequencyCheck site is showing this: