Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy S7 CSC change

Trinidad & Tobago is the default csc code for your multi csc firmware.

This post may help to explain it:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Trinidad & Tobago is the default csc code for your multi csc firmware.

This post may help to explain it:
    OK, that sounds logic, so how can I know the original CSC code for my phone, I mean the one on the firmware that the carrier send me the phone with?
    Also, what happens if I flash back the branded firmware my phone came with?
    Will it go back to my previous and original CSC code?
    In the worse case, does the actual situation affects the phone at all? I mean, if I get an OTA update right now, will it install OK ? Will I get the OTA for TTT or for my country?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

Did the link not explain?

From your post, the original firmware on your phone was Movisitar.

Your phone is now set to receive OTA updates when TTT updates.
    TTT usually updates first.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Did the link not explain?

From your post, the original firmware on your phone was Movisitar.

Your phone is now set to receive OTA updates when TTT updates.
    TTT usually updates first.
    OK, that I get it, but what I don't understand is if I can go back to my original firmware (the one you linked above) and get my original CSC and phone back to how I bought it, is that possible or I can't go back to another firmware now?
    Also, if I understand correctly now I'm on an Argentinian firmware with a TTT CSC instead of the Argentinian CSC, if I flash the TTT complete firmware, wouldn't it be better so I will have the complete TTT firmware and CSC and not some mixed things?
    Thanks again.

You can return to Movistar.
    Flash it in the same way you flashed the ARO firmware.
    The UFN looks like a single csc so you will get that back ok.

Your phone is on the Trinidad & Tobago firmware - it just happens to be exactly the same as the Argentina ARO, but also Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Panama. all share the same firmware.
    The only difference is the CSC code that is applied when installed.
    In your case, because the ARO multi CSC firmware did not contain your Movistar UFN code, when it came to setting the CSC code, android chose the default in the multi csc firmware. This was TTT.
    Last edited by greenman; 14-10-2016 at 21:02.

You can return to Movistar.
    Flash it in the same way you flashed the ARO firmware.
    The UFN looks like a single csc so you will get that back ok.

Your phone is on the Trinidad & Tobago firmware - it just happens to be exactly the same as the Argentina ARO, but also Chile, Colombia, Uruguay and Panama. all share the same firmware.
    The only difference is the CSC code that is applied when installed.
    In your case, because the ARO multi CSC firmware did not contain your Movistar UFN code, when it came to setting the CSC code, android chose the default in the multi csc firmware. This was TTT.
    OK, now I get it, thanks a lot for your detailed explanation, now I finally understand all of this CSC mess....

So, if I'm not wrong there's no point in flashing the TTT firmware since it is the same exact firmware as the one from Argentina, Chile, and all the ones you mentioned previously, right?
    The only thing to do then, is to flash back my UFN original firmware in the case I need to take the phone to warranty or leave it like it is right now witch I assume it's alright, since it is the Argentinian firmware with the TTT CSC and will continue to receive OTA updates...
    There's only one more thing I don't understand and that's why now I have the LTE symbol instead of the 4g symbol that I had before flashing my phone... In fact after flashing it with this ARO firmware it still showed the 4g symbol but after performing a wipe data it started to show the LTE symbol instead... Isn't that weird?
    Thanks again!!

EDIT:
    Sorry one more thing, is there any way to find out which firmware has the ARO CSC code as default so I can flash it?
    Thanks again and hope you can help me, I couldn't find anything on the web...

Last edited by cammel; 15-10-2016 at 01:40.

@greenman Hi again, sorry to bother you but this is too weird....I flashed back to my Movistar firmware from Argentina and it wasn't single CSC, it has multiple CSC codes and now my phone is running the CSC code TMM and says it's from Mexico...so aparrently I can't go back to my country's original Firmware and CSC code. In this firmware the CSC codes available are CHT, COB, CRM, EBE, MMO, NBS, PBS, SAM, TGU, TMM, UFN and UFU.
    Beside the fact that I have now officialy lost my warranty cause I can't go back to my original phone's CSC, what's driving me nuts it's that every time I flash a firmware as soon as the phone turns on for the first time it says 4G, but after going into recovery and wiping data and cache and turning it on again it says LTE and when I bought it and was everything original it said 4G so, what's going on??
    I tried to enter recovery to wipe it right after odin was done flashing the firmware pressing vol up, home and power at the same time as soon as the Samsung screen appeared but it did nothing, it just turned on and took me to the welcome screen.
    so....can you please help me with this? what am I doing wrong? how do I avoid the phone to turn on after flashing the firmware so I can wipe it before it turns on??
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by cammel; 16-10-2016 at 01:28.

@greenman hi man, i've been reading all your stuff, helped me alot. I have a question that prolly you can answer.

I also flashed ARO csc on my phone, as im from argentina aswell. Also ended up with TTT csc, which i understand, and is ok with me. The thing is after flashing the ARO CSC, i didnt wipe cache/factory reset from recovery, and just used the phone regurarly for about a month. After a while i realized i wasn't getting any OTAs (Sammobile showed november update for ARO and TTT, and my phone was stuck in October), nor from Argentina neither from Trinidad & Tobago. After reading a bit more about it, I found out that i had to wipe cache/factory reset from recovery, so i just backed up my stuff with smartswitch, and did it, without flashing any new rom or anything. I was expecting that to allow me to get the OTAs, but it didn't work. Why did that happen?

After this, i manually updated by flashing the ARO csc with november's patch, from scratch, not using home csc. After this, the phone turned in, with the welcome sign, i turned it off, went into recovery and wiped cache/factory resetted it. Will i get OTAs later? Or i will have to keep on updating manually from now on? Thanks in advance!

I have install stock firmware after returning from nugat test.the think is that i cant find the original csc in order to download the correct firm.any app i used like phone+ or secret codes doesnt display my csc.In other words am trying to find my phone origin

Quote Originally Posted by antoniskox [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have install stock firmware after returning from nugat test.the think is that i cant find the original csc in order to download the correct firm.any app i used like phone+ or secret codes doesnt display my csc.In other words am trying to find my phone origin
    Can you install this app and post:
    Product Code
    Original CSC code
    Active CSC code
    PDA version
    CSC version
    Baseband version
    Android version
    Mobile operator
    Last edited by jerryswe; 26-12-2016 at 22:19.