Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 238

Thread: Galaxy S7 CSC change

  1. #91
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The OXX firmware is the one currently on my phone. This is a multi-csc including the ROM csc.
    The file I might have to REflash is a multi, namely the OXX with the ROM csc and others.
    I see. Yeah, if you hope to return to 100% stock, that may be impossible without rooting. (And thus, probably would trip KNOX)

  2. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxyFan [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I see. Yeah, if you hope to return to 100% stock, that may be impossible without rooting. (And thus, probably would trip KNOX)
    Yes, that would be the case.
    Still I think I might be on uncharted territory here as Samsung keep changing the rules, and as you see on my earlier uploaded screenshot there are no original csc even though this phone is completely untouched firmwarewise. You noticed yourself that the same was the case with a friend of yours with the NEE csc.
    So therefore I would dare a guess that the Odin and/or the firmware at flash time takes a look at the product code, SM-G930FZKAROM in my case, and picks the corresponding csc from here.
    The only way of knowing may be to take the leap, but is it worth the risk? Perhaps not since the phone works great, the best I ever have had! Reception is fantastic, both 4G, 3G and WiFi. I can step down in my basement and surrounded by steel reinforced concrete walls underground I still have usable 4G and voice connection. With my former HTC One this was only a dream!

  3. #93
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryswe [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes, that would be the case.
    Still I think I might be on uncharted territory here as Samsung keep changing the rules, and as you see on my earlier uploaded screenshot there are no original csc even though this phone is completely untouched firmwarewise. You noticed yourself that the same was the case with a friend of yours with the NEE csc.
    So therefore I would dare a guess that the Odin and/or the firmware at flash time takes a look at the product code, SM-G930FZKAROM in my case, and picks the corresponding csc from here.
    The only way of knowing may be to take the leap, but is it worth the risk? Perhaps not since the phone works great, the best I ever have had! Reception is fantastic, both 4G, 3G and WiFi. I can step down in my basement and surrounded by steel reinforced concrete walls underground I still have usable 4G and voice connection. With my former HTC One this was only a dream!
    Yeah, I think that is odd too, it can't seem to retrive the original CSC code - perhaps they dropped it for specific firmwares? Or maybe Phone INFO is not able to find it somehow? We can only guess.
    In your case, "If it aint broke, don't fix it"
    Still considering whether it's worth taking the risk of flashing everything on my phone, as I could probably undo every change made for Germany, but I wouldn't be able to get the official software for Nordic countries though.
    (Which again, includes what..)

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    After a lot of agonizing I finally flashed the NEE firmware and it works fine. The product code did really switch from SM-G930FZKAROM to SM-G930FZKANEE and country from Romania / RO to Nordic / SE.
    Flashed according to the nice Mr. Greenman’s instructions. Finally, and that was evidently what made the switch, I started Recovery and wiped cache / factory reset.
    As you see from the screenshot NEE is a single CSC and I will not be able to switch back to the multi-csc ROM firmware without tripping Knox. Knox isn’t tripped as it stands now.
    With SmartSwitch I put back a backup made just ahead of flash and everything is back to normal, but with a newer firmware!
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by jerryswe; 29-09-2016 at 19:40.

  5. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,789
    Excellent.
    Always good to get confirmation.

    You will not trip Knox by installing a stock Samsung firmware, but you will have problems getting ROM as your CSC - this time it is a multi CSC and the default csc code will be set.

    The default in the OXX firmware is Poland (XEO)
    Last edited by greenman; 29-09-2016 at 19:47.

  6. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    18
    I also successfully flashed the NEE firmware without any problems. Can also confirm it's a single csc firmware.

  7. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    64
    I don’t know if it’s due the newer Nordic NEE firmware or if it’s due to the fact that I now have a better adherence to local standards but now I have 4G+ in the status bar when I have the best speed in data connection.
    With the Romanian ROM localized firmware, it only said 4G.

  8. #98
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    10
    Sir any one can guide me i hv s7 tmobile usa i want to instal indian version s7 firmware . Can it b possible? Do i need to change csc code ? If possible can any one throw some light on it how to do it?
    Thanks

  9. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,789
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate4u [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Sir any one can guide me i hv s7 tmobile usa i want to instal indian version s7 firmware . Can it b possible? Do i need to change csc code ? If possible can any one throw some light on it how to do it?
    Thanks
    It is not possible.

  10. #100
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7
    Which CSC has the less bloatware pre-installed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •