Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Android 6.0.1 for g900f is HEREE!!!!

Hi guys,

My wife received a couple of weeks ago a notification for updating her S5 - her S5 having been purchase independently of any operator. My S5 was purchase from SFR but recently flashed with G900FXXS1CPF5_G900FOXX1CPE2_G900FXXU1CPC9_HOME.tar .md5 (see one page above) and after that process, we were exactly (well, at least it sounds like...) at the same firmware level. However I didn't receive any notification on my side and even when looking manually from the device it said I had the latest firmware (which is wrong).

So I flashed G900FXXS1CPG9_G900FOXX1CPE2_G900FXXU1CPC9_HOME.tar .md5 with ODIN and we are now back at the same level again

Question : is that normal to have the OTA disabled ? Is there a way to turn it on again so my S5 behaves exactly like hers ?

Thanks,

OTA updates are provided on request through Settings > Software updates.

Once the request is made an update will be received when available.
    You are unlikely to receive the update at the same time,even if you have the same firmware.

The usual reason for OTA or SmartSwitch saying you do not have an update is if your phone gets behind on firmware versions.
    Your phone can only be one update behind otherwise the next update will not be given and you have to use SmartSwitch or Odin.
    Last edited by greenman; 16-08-2016 at 12:06.

Hmm OK, thanks for the answer, even if I'm sure I got it all... My configuration is and was set to auto, and even more than 2 weeks after my wife got it, I didn't received any notification and when trying to do it manually it said I was up to date....

Anyway, I can always go here, download it and use ODIN Not a big issue then

Cheers,

Hello everyone,

I am Mohsin from Pakistan i have SG S5 g900f, which firmware i need to upgrade my phone for ver 6.0.1 ? plz reply ASAP.... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohsinrazarizvi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello everyone,

I am Mohsin from Pakistan i have SG S5 g900f, which firmware i need to upgrade my phone for ver 6.0.1 ? plz reply ASAP.... Thanks.
    There is no firmware for Pakistan, so choose which firmware you would like to install from here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hello, i have a problem with my smarthpone, then call it's reboot. How can i fix the problem? I use marshmallow 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by aronaldo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello, i have a problem with my smarthpone, then call it's reboot. How can i fix the problem? I use marshmallow 6.0.1
    Put into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset or re-install your firmware with SmartSwitch

I tried with SmartSwitch don't find update.

Quote Originally Posted by aronaldo [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I tried with SmartSwitch don't find update.
    If SmartSwitch did not give an update then either
    1. there is no update
    2. Your firmware is more than one update behind,

Download your firmware and install with Odin.
    Guide here:

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If SmartSwitch did not give an update then either
    1. there is no update
    2. Your firmware is more than one update behind,

Download your firmware and install with Odin.
    Guide here:
    I put into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset. Now to see if reboot.

Thank you!