Thread: J500F firmware for UK phone (BTU)

J500F firmware for UK phone (BTU)

I have searched in vain for the United Kingdom firmware for this phone across the web. There are other country versions and I have successfully recovered phone use loading United Arab Emirates version. Does anyone have pointers to where I may obtain this firmware or why it does not appear to be available. No UK versions seem to be available.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bredcol [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have searched in vain for the United Kingdom firmware for this phone across the web. There are other country versions and I have successfully recovered phone use loading United Arab Emirates version. Does anyone have pointers to where I may obtain this firmware or why it does not appear to be available. No UK versions seem to be available.
    Hi there

You can't find the UK-firmware for SM-J500F, because that model was never released in the UK

UK got SM-J500FN

Before you ask: NO, you can't flash that firmware on your device...

Thanks for info. Strange as phone was purchased (internet) new and came with UK charger. Label inside lists manufacturer as Samsung Guildford UK. Actual model is SM-J500F/DS dual sim model.