Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 163

Thread: Galaxy S7 Edge SM-935FD

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Hi.
    The guys over there at xda did not answer so maybe you could.

    It's been awihle I had a Samsung device. The last few years I had flasher friendly phones like Nexus and OnePlus. Means I could do all the things through terminal commands (working on linux). Now you can say I'm new to Samsung, where I have first had to install my dust gathering Windows because I dont want to get errors just because I'm messing around with virtual machines. Was a mess. Anyway - Done.


    1. I have the 935FD (Dual SIM) - can I flash every image for the SM-G935F*
    Is there anything I have to take care of like some Codes Like CSC, PDA etc have to be the same or something like that? - You already answered this - Firmware from G935F and G935FD are the same.

    2. I got an import device (CSC=AFG = Afganistan). Can I flash a DBT Firmware and still keep Knox intact? I want to flash because I didn't got any updates till now here in Germany and maybe having Modems for German devices is coming handy - I Think the answer is yes. So I think I should Flash [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Am I right?

    3. Is there any way to make a backup from EFS or all Partitions without having rooted the device before I start flashing?

    4. What if anything goes wrong. Is it possible to simple flash again or am I doomed? Maybe Odin get stuck or something like that...

    As I sayed. I was on other devices, knew what I did but know I first want to make sure to have all answeres before I start.
    Thanks in advance

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,791
    I think you will find installing firmware on your Samsung phone very easy compared to Nexus and One Plus.

    The main reason is that there is the SmartSwitch installer and Odin. With these two you can update, reinstall and change your firmware country code.

    Taking your questions in order:
    1. When selecting firmware to update, the first thing you need to know is the CSC code your phone is on.
    This lovely app is worth installing and provides a wealth of information.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,791
    2. If you have an AFG code and you want to change to Germany DBT you have to use the Odin installer with a PIT file.

    You will need this latest DBT Germany firmware file:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    In this firmware you have 5 files:
    You will use BL + AP + CP + CSC

    this link explains the difference:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    3. You can back up your phone data but not the EFS and other system data without rooting your phone.
    Generally these Odin/SmartSwitch procedures are safe enough without the need to backup this secure data.

    4. Odin is pretty forgiving and will halt any process that is going wrong.
    You will have to find out what the problem was, but Odin provides a log of the flash.

    If all goes badly wrong you can always turn to SmartSwitch to reinstall the original firmware as in post #2 here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I think you will find installing firmware on your Samsung phone very easy compared to Nexus and One Plus.

    The main reason is that there is the SmartSwitch installer and Odin. With these two you can update, reinstall and change your firmware country code.

    Taking your questions in order:
    1. When selecting firmware to update, the first thing you need to know is the CSC code your phone is on.
    This lovely app is worth installing and provides a wealth of information.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Nah.. first point is I had to install Windows just do get ODIN to work or don't have to be worried about.
    With fastboot (other devices like nexus) I had all drivers and console communication tools out of the box in linux. But thats another story

    I already installed Phone INFO it. Due to I knew it't Firmware-CSC-Code is AFG - Afganistan.

    So the other values are:
    Bootloader: G935FXXU1APB6
    PDA: G935FXXU1APB6
    CSC -Version: G935FOJV1APB9
    Baseband: G935FXXU1APB6

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    2. If you have an AFG code and you want to change to Germany DBT you have to use the Odin installer with a PIT file.

    You will need this latest DBT Germany firmware file:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    In this firmware you have 5 files:
    You will use BL + AP + CP + CSC

    this link explains the difference:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    3. You can back up your phone data but not the EFS and other system data without rooting your phone.
    Generally these Odin/SmartSwitch procedures are safe enough without the need to backup this secure data.

    4. Odin is pretty forgiving and will halt any process that is going wrong.
    You will have to find out what the problem was, but Odin provides a log of the flash.

    If all goes badly wrong you can always turn to SmartSwitch to reinstall the original firmware as in post #2 here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Oh. Thank you. Didn't got your second answer before.
    One last question. Do I have to check OEM Unlock in Dev-Options to flash this stock Firmware?

    BTW
    You do a great job here. I saw your previous posts and threads.
    Last edited by seether; 12-04-2016 at 22:24.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,791
    The OEM Unlock is not necessary unless you are planning on rooting the phone.
    But there is no harm in selecting it if you want to.
    This notice will pop up just to warn you have the lesser security with OEM Unlock enabled.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    The OEM Unlock is not necessary unless you are planning on rooting the phone.
    But there is no harm in selecting it if you want to.
    This notice will pop up just to warn you have the lesser security with OEM Unlock enabled.
    Workes like a charm.

    Thanks again.
    Last edited by seether; 13-04-2016 at 10:58.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    3
    Halo all..
    Is theres original firmware for indonesia ? I want to back to the original fw. Because theres no fix my camera stil failed. I think im gonna bring to ses. Thx

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,791
    Quote Originally Posted by didiyasir [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Halo all..
    Is theres original firmware for indonesia ? I want to back to the original fw. Because theres no fix my camera stil failed. I think im gonna bring to ses. Thx
    SmartSwitch will bring your phone back to original firmware.
    See post #2 here.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    Connect phone in download mode.
    You need your serial number and phone model number.

    If SmartSwitch will not work for you then put your IMEI number into this Samsung link and it will give your original Product Code.
    The last 3 letters are the firmware CSC code that you need.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3
    I just download iraq latest firmware and flash it with odin i i just select home csc beacuse i dont want to erase my data its almost done but stuck at hidden files and failed now it said flash through smart switch and its not start only it takes me to download mode what to do?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •