Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: marshmallow update

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallblr29 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    if i do have COI9?
    it means what actually?
    COI9 is the latest available BTU firmware

Sorry, but can you tell me what does BTU stands for and the firmware and if it is the latest available one then it means its still waiting for 6.0? sorry i'm not a tech guru just trying to understand how it works.

Thanks Much,

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallblr29 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Sorry, but can you tell me what does BTU stands for and the firmware and if it is the latest available one then it means its still waiting for 6.0? sorry i'm not a tech guru just trying to understand how it works.

Thanks Much,
    sorry for my earlier post, COI9 can actually be a lot of firmwares as seen in the firmware section... you need to post your PDA version so I can tell you which firmware you are using and if it's the latest version. I don't actually know what BTU stands for, but it is my understanding that it's the unbranded United Kingdom firmware. Maybe @greenman can help us with the meaning? Also on a sidenote @greenman, what other firmware beside BTU is unbranded?

Quote Originally Posted by edismehmedali [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    sorry for my earlier post, COI9 can actually be a lot of firmwares as seen in the firmware section... you need to post your PDA version so I can tell you which firmware you are using and if it's the latest version. I don't actually know what BTU stands for, but it is my understanding that it's the unbranded United Kingdom firmware. Maybe @greenman can help us with the meaning? Also on a sidenote @greenman, what other firmware beside BTU is unbranded?
    BTU is the UK unbranded firmware.
    All the other CSC codes using the BTU PIT file are also unbranded.
    As a general rule, if the firmware shows a country only then it is 'open'

its just sooooo complicated ahahaha xD

Anyone who's having the newer OS how does it feel so? is that good? and works well? or any noticeable changes?

Premium Member
    Anyone who's having the newer OS how does it feel so? is that good? and works well? or any noticeable changes?
    I have been using marshmallow since yesterday, performance is very smooth, feels even faster than lollipop to be honest. Regarding battery life I need a few more days to get a feel for performance, on lollipop I used to get 4 to 5 hours of screen on time depending on the day. I'm very curious about standby draw as marshmallow is supposed to have "Doze" to minimize battery usage. Today I unplugged the phone with 100% and 7 hours and 22 minutes later when I woke up it was at 93%, with wifi on in the background. Maybe I'll start a new thread with marshmallow impressions, people seem to be interested about the changes

Oh, wow! thats sounds good tbh!

mmm, yes i would reckon you absolutely should do a thread about it and share all your observations during those times you're note this or that or sense this or that!
    Would be more than helpful! kinda what to "expect". not about the design or you know outraged things but rather how it does really works, bugs, and thoughts, suggestions.
    Would be really really helpful!
    Thank You!

Premium Member
    Oh, wow! thats sounds good tbh!

mmm, yes i would reckon you absolutely should do a thread about it and share all your observations during those times you're note this or that or sense this or that!
    Would be more than helpful! kinda what to "expect". not about the design or you know outraged things but rather how it does really works, bugs, and thoughts, suggestions.
    Would be really really helpful!
    Thank You!
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    here it is. I will be updating as I notice new things

Good , I wonder if I can spend a rom for sm- sm- g920I a g920F . Thank you