Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight not working.

Flashlight not working.

Hi,

Ever since I flashed from the standard firmware on my Tab S 8.4 (SM-T705) I have been having trouble with the led flashlight.
    Rebooting the phone/tablet solves it temporarily but taking a picture with flash resets the problem. I also use the led light as a torch sometimes (very handy) but have to toss it to the side sometimes because it wont work again till I reboot the Tab S.

I did find a simular situation on a [ Login above or register to see download links. ].. But did not get any helpful tips as to maybe even getting it looked at or switched out under warrenty. So I am hoping for some tips here.

My Tab S 8.4 used to be installed with the Swiss firmware but is running on the British firmware now (no problems geting OTA updates and such).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Is flashlight an app?
    If so you may be getting a conflict that is stopping your flash from working.
    Try starting your tablet in SAFE MODE as this will stop any apps you have installed from initialising.
    Then test your camera flash.

SAFE MODE =
    Turn off tablet.
    Press and hold volume down and power button together.
    When screen starts release power button only.
    SAFE MODE will be in bottom left of the screen.
    Test

Ok tested the camera flasher. No problem there. It occures when I use my tab as a torch (sometimes u need some extra light). Wait an hour or so and then want to make a picture. The camera flash wont work and neither will the torch (app).

It really bothers me when I want to make a spur of the moment picture but have to powercycle the tab..

This sounds like a battery issue.
    You will need a minimum battery % to activate the features.

But could also be the flashlight app is conflicting.
    Go to Settings > Application manager > Downloaded and find your flashlight app.
    Wipe cache and wipe data, before trying again.

So been testing a few days now. Running a new torch/flashlight app after the test above. Problem seems solved without any other wipes.
    Been able to start the flashlight app and use the led flasher for a photo afterwards. Think it might have been the 2 apps I tried to use.

Looks like it was the apps - but thank you for coming back and completing your story.

Aaaaaaand its back.... Haven't wiped the data/cache of the app yet. Battery and everything lasts me a day (playing occasional game and such) have +50% every evening when I start to charge.

And now its back with a vengance.. Wiped the data/cache for the app. Still wouldnt respond. Rebooting gave me controle of my flashlight for 1 go and then it was back on the fritz. Getting sick and tired of this horrible "bug" so wiping the phone will be my next step. Hoping this will fix my problem.

Ok reinstalled the phone and got most of my stuff working again. The flashlight still has its moments where it does not want to work. But now I also have problems installing and updating apps from the appstore. So... My guess is a problem with flashing the English firmware to a Swiss phone? Will reinstall the Swiss firmware (since its been updated to 5.0.2). Will do a clean install when the firmware is downloaded. To ensure nothing remains to screw up the installation.

Ended in me having to bring my phone in for a repair (warrenty).