Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: galaxy s5 mini sm-g800f

galaxy s5 mini sm-g800f

Exactly when will the lollipop 5.1.1 update be available for the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini(SM-G800F) please. I heard the later weeks of 2015 but the year is almost over.
    Awaiting in anticipation.

Only Samsung know if and when a phone will be updated. The rest is rumour.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G800F/

I received the 5.1.1 OTA update on Jan 26th !! It's so far so good, after the optimization was done from KitKat it was pretty smooth, even with the fingerprint sensor.

Lollipop

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    Only Samsung know if and when a phone will be updated. The rest is rumour.
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G800F/
    "I received the 5.1.1 OTA update on Jan 26th !! It's so far so good, after the optimization was done from KitKat it was pretty smooth, even with the fingerprint sensor."

This quote from from another user.... In reading threads you seem to have a vast knowledge on this stuff.

What did they do correctly that the rest of us are not doing. I just put my S5 mini into service 2/14 and have been thinking the update would be the first thing to happen. Nothing has.

I have downloaded (per your note) the German version of the firmware, but also read elsewhere that performing it this way will erase the entire unit. Not anxious to re-do a weeks work.

The OTA seems to imply it would not erase the entire system.
    Whee do I go from here?

It is true that an OTA is a more gentle update, and an Odin install will wipe your user data.
    You can backup your user data with the Helium app and Google/Samsung will restore settings and apps.

The choice has to be yours. Certainly 5.1.1 makes any effort worthwhile.
    It is a good firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    It is true that an OTA is a more gentle update, and an Odin install will wipe your user data.

The choice has to be yours. Certainly 5.1.1 makes any effort worthwhile.
    It is a good firmware.
    I did the update to the german language via ODIN, and everything went a lot smoother than expected.
    When the phone finished optimizing the app's, it came up in Portuguese (my language) and nothing has been deleted or changed.
    Didn't had to enter my credencials for instargram, twitter, facebook, etc. Did not loose my sms's, MM'S, phone call history, etc.

All apps where running as they were before running the update.

So, no problems for me!

Zorza

Will there be a brand/sim free release of the 5.1.1 lollipop firmware for the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjbh01 View Post
    Will there be a brand/sim free release of the 5.1.1 lollipop firmware for the UK?
    Nothing for 'open' UK BTU at the moment.
    But you can install open Germany DBT to get the same result:
    http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/d...FDBT1BOK7_DBT/

i can'not download any firmware .I'm logged inn when i choose regular download i recive offer for join..Why i recive this?? i'm logged in !!!.Whe i go to firmware selection system logg me off..What's happening ? urgent
    Last edited by gtomas007; 21-04-2016 at 14:20.

Quote Originally Posted by gtomas007 View Post
    i can'not download any firmware .I'm logged inn when i choose regular download i recive offer for join..Why i recive this?? i'm logged in !!!.Whe i go to firmware selection system logg me off..What's happening ? urgent
    Try wiping history and try again, or use the Chrome browser in Incognito mode.