Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram management improvement

Ram management improvement

Hi, I recently got a G920F, and have noticed scrolling is not very smooth and ram management is high especially considering i disabled most
    of the apps as I dont need them. My question is will the marshmallow update sort this out as I feel a quality phone should perform much better than this.

I and many other users have found that reinstalling firmware with SmartSwitch improves performance.

By the way, when you say you have disabled apps, are you talking about system apps or user installed apps.
    The only way to disable system apps is by rooting.
    Unused user apps should simply be uninstalled.

SmartSwitch here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Ok are you saying that disabling system apps without rooting will not make any difference.

You will get a better result by reinstalling firmware with SmartSwitch

I watched the video but when I click the more button and select the emergency software and recovery option the screen freezes and nothing happens? do you have any advise. the back up seems to work.

A recent member had the same problem and said that putting the phone in download mode before connecting to SmartSwitch, then going to Menu, forces SmartSwitch to ask for your serial and model number.
    Then it will give the latest firmware to install.

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

It says unsupported device then I click more and emergency software & recovery it freezes again? can I use kies instead.

Quote Originally Posted by 007scorpion [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    It says unsupported device then I click more and emergency software & recovery it freezes again? can I use kies instead.
    You can try Kies, but I think it will send you back to SmartSwitch.

It could be that you disabled something that you shouldn't have.
    If your phone is working ok, then put into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset.

Did you say you have saved your data to SmartSwitch? If not, then install the Helium app from the Play Store to save your data - don't forget to transfer to your pc as you will wipe the data on your phone with the Factory Reset.

Alternatively download the firmware from Sammobile to install with Odin.

I did a factory reset earlier and it didn't work, I will try Odin later thanks for your help

Hello. I have made a post earlier on this forum about ram management. I still use that solution and it works awesome. [ Login above or register to see download links. ]