Thread: gear s2 bt connection

gear s2 bt connection

Hello all!
    got my gear last week and i wanted to ask if it is possible to connect the gear with a bt headset?
    I mean like if i only wear the gear without the phone in my pocket and asuming im out running,can i listen to music via bt?

As far as I was aware the gear needs to be connected to your phone to access the various features.
    I don't think it is a standalone gadget in that respect - but I may be wrong. If so I'm sure a Gear owner will let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    As far as I was aware the gear needs to be connected to your phone to access the various features.
    I don't think it is a standalone gadget in that respect - but I may be wrong. If so I'm sure a Gear owner will let us know.
    Thank you for replying greenman
    As i mentioned i own the gear s2, still since i dont find a way to connect to bt i wonder whats the point to transfer mp3 s to the smartwatch since u still need the phone to listen to it.If thats the case why would i even transfer the mp3 s and not let em sit in my phone hehe strange

Hi my friend. You can make your gear s2 connects to your bt headset while it stand alone. You can send the musics from your phone to gear. 👍

You can use the Gear S2 completely standalone.
    Depending on the firmware there is space for 2 GB of music.
    A Music Player is preinstalled.
    Tested with BT Headsets Sennheiser MM 450-X Travel and Moto Hint.
    Last edited by qooapps; 18-05-2016 at 15:08.