Quote Originally Posted by SabalSabal [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
Hey guys,

I was trying to root my never before rooted s6 edge today (64 gb 925 I) using the uni-kernel method using odin for 5.1.1. I put the kernel into AP, and it failed after some seconds thus resulting in the blue screen which says "error has occurred while updating the device software. Use the emergency recovery function in the smart switch PC software."
I tried that and smart switch didn't recognise my device (maybe because USB debugging wasn't on).
Thus I downloaded a stock recovery for my device and I thought I would flash it via ODI. Things go well and the progress bar is 3/4th of the way through on my device and it suddenly says FAIL (shown below). I've tried with ODIN 3.10.6 and with 3.10.7 with the same results

<ID:0/003>Get PIT for Mapping
<ID:0/003> Firmware update Start!!
<ID:0/003> cm.bin <ID:0/003>
sboot.bin
<ID:0/003>NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/003> cm.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.img
<ID:0/003> recovery.img
<ID:0/003> system.img
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) Operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0/failed 1)

No clue why it's doing this. I would appreciate any help possible.

UPDATE: Got it working. Apparently all I had to do was change my USB cable and port . To anyone reading this through a future google search please try this before going to complicated suggestions especially involving pit files. A failed pit flash could ruin your motherboard. Shoutout to yakuza for helping.
plugged my device cable in another port then flashed. saved my phone. thanks a lot!