Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Phone Severely Compromised!! (Like Nothing I've Ever Seen)

I would not say that 24 minutes to reply was a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Username12768e7 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello Greenman. Thank you for your reply. I apologize about the slow reply time, I've been trying to avoid using my home network. I have run app and collected the data you requested. I just have a quick foreword; I have not, nor ever attempted to root my phone. To my knowledge it is still unrooted.

Product Code: [This was blank]
    Original CSC code: VZW
    Active CSC code: VZW
    PDA version: G920VVRU4B0G7
    CSC version: G920VVZWBOG7
    Baseband version: Matches PDA Version
    Android version: 5.1.1
    Mobile operator: Verizon Wireless/311480

There were also a few other key pieces of data that I thought could be important. The following queries just seemed a bit off to me.

Build Fingerprint: Verizon/zerofltevzw/zerofltevzw:5.1.1/LMY47X [PDA VERSION]: user/release-keys

Build Description: Zerofltevzw-User/LMY47X [PDA VERSION]: user/release-keys

Build Date: Sat.Sep.19 13.18.11 KST 2015 -----------I have had this phone since May

Changelist: 5358024

Latest Firmware: N/A

Kernel VersionL [email protected]#1 64 bit.

Java Virtual Machine: ART 2.1.0 ----------I never set this up, to my knowledge.

After finding a file called "PERMISSON.alwaysmicon", I've decided to keep the phone powered off with a dead battery for now. All other devices on network are having issues too. Even on my PS3, I suspect there a rogue security certificates for all websites I visit. Thank you again for your help! I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.
    Greenman, no offense, i meant reply to this , you asked username12768 for that info and he gave it to you, did you grab any insight from any of that info??

Hello Ive had alot of the same issues and got another s6edge plus and same thing. Any I go would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgirl79 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello Ive had alot of the same issues and got another s6edge plus and same thing. Any I go would be greatly appreciated
    If you are having issues with your phone, then first of all restart it in SAFE MODE.
    SAFE MODE will not initialise any of the apps you have installed and therefore test whether they are the cause of your problems.
    Run the phone in SAFE MODE for as long as you want to.If no problems then you will have to look at removing apps one at a time starting from the latest installed.

SAFE MODE here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

If SAFE MODE makes no difference, then you are looking at re-installing your firmware.
    Use SmartSwitch as this optimises your firmware install:
    Check out post#2 and #3 here:

No improvement now and you are looking at hardware faults and you would be better taking to a Samsung Service centre under warranty.

For further help can you install this app and post:
    Product Code
    Original CSC code
    Active CSC code
    PDA version
    CSC version
    Baseband version
    Android version
    Mobile operator

I am completely shocked I found this as this is alot of same issues that have been going on with my phone(s) and home network too Although i have a very good idea where they are coming from I do not have enough knowledge to know how to stop it. And I am so tired of explaining it to people who look at me like i am nuts. I promise, i am 100% sane ~ but I definitely would like this foreign entity out of my devices and my privacy back! Please, I will do whatever I need to do if you can help me. I have a Samsung galaxy 5 now but I know it is also involved on my laptop. It was also on my old phones, a galaxy S3 and an Iphone s5.
    Im not a computer wiz by any means but I can read and follow directions.... any help is appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

I feel your pain. I went through the exact same thing. Started with a fraudulent medical bill, then got the Trojan through email related to letter, then it was on all my devices. Here is how I recovered.
    Went to att technical support store. Had them factory rest after convincing them something was up, then from there pulled the battery to all my phones. Went home, got a new router, wiped all computers including resetting cmos which is two little metal prongs you touch with a piece of metal. Everything is peachy now. I still see unusual services On Phone but I chalk this up to fear and being unfamiliar with the new OS's. There is hope. Be sure to inform your bank and everyone elseems. I monitor my credit frequently also.
    Neuro

Necromancer Info

Necromancy Warning, but Good Information for anyone reading down the road!

Here is perhaps an explanation for a handful of services on phone

I would say there are allot of other services & processes that actually are Verizon SpyWare. They often come loaded with. I myself became suspicious after some odd behavior & running services, that only appeared after a Verizon ROM flash (stock). Most aftermarket ROMs don't have anything, but what is needed. So perhaps if you are careless or one of those people that know everything... You would really need a LogCat log to know what is really going on. The easiest method would be to install LiveBoot by chainfire enable pro/freeload option And Boot Logging. That would require root though...

There is also allot of strange things going on or explained here. IMO you are safer Rooted using SuperSU with pin prompt, tapjacking on and a firewall (AFWALL is decent with default all apps off ).
    I have read5a few years ago on ars about router hacking. There are quite a few variations out. I think you should do a 30/30/30 reset on router. Meaning push reset button & hold 30,keeping button pressed in unplug power cord 30sec,and finally still keeping button pushed replug power. Don't let go of the button. I would suggest after this installing dd-wrt or if technical openwrt. If your router is still wonky or can't install fw, consider an upgraded router that does use one of these. Example I use a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2. Getting old but perfoms perfectly for years now... Just a thought for anyone reading here & no insult meant.
    Last edited by Lolita37604; 29-03-2017 at 22:45. Reason: Forgot a sentence

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I have the same issues. My phone and computer are both compromised. The worst part is, I am still paying off my phone and it is basically worthless. I can't make phone calls unless I am connected to my own wi-fi, and I basically just use my Galaxy7 to text and take photos at this point. When I am away from my wi-fi I can't make a phone call. What happens is that you are no longer the admin on any of your devices, so you have no control over your phone or computer, and can't change any settings, and if you reboot, it all just starts up again. There is no way to detect a virus either, even if you can read in your logs that you have one. And your wi-fi may be rerouted. For example, my IP says I am in Kansas and I live in So. Cal. By doing research and sleuthing, I have discovered that it is an ongoing hacking situation, and it extends beyond just my computer and phone but our home phone and even cable service is compromised as well. I should say that our cable company and wi-fi are the same, but the bottom line is, this is an in-home hacking, it begins as a take over of your internet connection. You can get a new phone, get a new number, get a new computer and it will all start up again. Nothing you do online is private any longer. Unfortunately your wireless company, phone company, and cable company won't be able to help you if you are having the same issues that I have been dealing with for over a year now. In other words, your phone is the least of your worries! Hope this helps, even if it is a horrible situation to be in.

Yes I have been having similar issues for almost a year now as well. New phone, new number, changed wifi name and password. Temporarily things will help but always comes back. Hes logged into phone so I cant download apps, if it dies I cant power it back on because I broke the connection and have to factory reset or flash firmware to get back on. I have used ODIN to flash firmware multiple times, doesnt matter, comes back. Changed google email, comes back. I connect to my own wifi on my tablet now tablet is acting weird. Its exhausting. For me it orginated with a guy putting spyware on my friends phone hacking her, hacking a guy I know and then hacking me. Ive tried rooting my phone before but had trouble doing it. My every move is being tracking or watched and I cant stop it.