Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odin flash different csc version

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Odin flash different csc version

Hi all,

I have S6 edge 925F with XSG csc. I was wondering if I can flash the XEU on my device and would it cause any issues? Also, would it change my csc? If does, how do I get back my old csc? Please help me...

Quote Originally Posted by amitrules [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi all,

I have S6 edge 925F with XSG csc. I was wondering if I can flash the XEU on my device and would it cause any issues? Also, would it change my csc? If does, how do I get back my old csc? Please help me...
    You can flash another country firmware if your phone is not locked to a network.
    The UK BTU would be a better firmware to install as it is a single CSC and your phone would have a BTU code.

With XEU firmware you have a multi csc and therefore your phone could have any CSC available within the firmware.

This would be the problem if you wanted to come back to XSG.
    XSG is also a multi csc firmware and so you could end up with a csc code for any Middle East or African country.

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have a locked device. But just wanted to know if I flash the XEU firmware would it change my csc? If so how do I go back to my old csc? Lastly would flashing this firmware screw up my IMEI?

Look forward to your response

Thought I had explained this, so to keep it simple.
    But just wanted to know if I flash the XEU firmware would it change my csc?
    Yes
    If so how do I go back to my old csc?
    You cannot without using a PIT file or rooting.
    Lastly would flashing this firmware screw up my IMEI?
    No.

Okie dokie. All clear. Another quick one...If I flash back the xsg CSC via odin would I get back my old CSC? Also does flashing the xeu CSC mean that the phone may choose aanother CSC other than xeu since you mentioned xeu is multicsc

Already answered in post #2.

I have UK BTU but showing Multi CSC? Why? Any solution for going Single CSC?

Quote Originally Posted by fneelav [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have UK BTU but showing Multi CSC? Why? Any solution for going Single CSC?
    Have you fully converted to BTU?
    Does your Product Code end with BTU?

If not, put your phone into Recovery mode and wipe cache then wipe data/ factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Have you fully converted to BTU?
    Does your Product Code end with BTU?

If not, put your phone into Recovery mode and wipe cache then wipe data/ factory reset.
    I did numbers of Eipe Cache from Recovery, but everytime shows Multi CSC applied!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fneelav [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I did numbers of Eipe Cache from Recovery, but everytime shows Multi CSC applied!!!
    Which CSC from the multi CSC has been applied to your phone.
    You can check by installing this app and looking at the last 3 letters of the Product Code.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]