Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Odin flash different csc version

@greenman, I have been on BTU firmware (with BTU csc) and would like to install the XEU firmware..how do I get the XEU CSC? I flashed the XEU fW via odin and then automatically rebooted...skipped through the initially setup and then booted into recovery to factory wipe but the phone went back to BTU...how do I get XEU csc...please help

Quote Originally Posted by amitrules [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @greenman, I have been on BTU firmware (with BTU csc) and would like to install the XEU firmware..how do I get the XEU CSC? I flashed the XEU fW via odin and then automatically rebooted...skipped through the initially setup and then booted into recovery to factory wipe but the phone went back to BTU...how do I get XEU csc...please help
    As XEU and BTU are in the same firmware you cannot change to an XEU csc code.
    Android will always pick the one that exists - BTU.

So if I was on BTU, and wanted to change to XEU software, because the CSC code would revert to BTU would I still receive OTA updates?

Quote Originally Posted by DAL1189 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    So if I was on BTU, and wanted to change to XEU software, because the CSC code would revert to BTU would I still receive OTA updates?
    First of all there is no advantage in installing the XEU firmware if you have BTU marshmallow.

But to answer your question, if you were on BTU marshmallow and you wanted to change to XEU marshmallow, the firmware would install without using a PIT file, and android would select from the list of CSC's available.
    This list contains XEU and BTU and so BTU would be selected as it matches what is already on the phone.

Hello guys you might say I am a nooby but i have S6 Edge and I am from Cyprus

Cyprus officially have MM, however my CSC is TPH (I dont know why)

I want to flash [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

What i need to do? My warranty will be ok? Will my IMEI be deleted? Am I going to have any other problem during or after the flashing?

Thank you for your time

hello
    TPH is the OXX multi CSC ( BGL CYO ETL MET MSR ORX ROM SEB SEE SIO TEB TOP TPH TSR TWO XEF XEH XEO ) firmware
    CYV - Cyprus (CytaVoda) is a branded firmware made by Vodafone ( VFG )
    if you want to flash this firmware:
    save all your data
    download VFG pit file:

SM-G925F VFG multi CSC ( ATL AVF CNX CYV MOB MTL OMN SIM SWC TCL VD2 VDC VDF VDH VDI VGR VIP VOD )
    ZEROLTE_EUR_OPEN_HIDDEN200M.pit
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

flash ZEROLTE_EUR_OPEN_HIDDEN200M.pit + CYV firmware

like this firmware is an updated original Samsung firmware you will not loose your IMEI and warranty

regards

Quote Originally Posted by kyriakosmagos [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello guys you might say I am a nooby but i have S6 Edge and I am from Cyprus

Cyprus officially have MM, however my CSC is TPH (I dont know why)

I want to flash [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

What i need to do? My warranty will be ok? Will my IMEI be deleted? Am I going to have any other problem during or after the flashing?

Thank you for your time
    Nooooooo! Do not do that.
    Your firmware is for open europe and you can install the XEF firmware and keep your TPH code.
    No pit file required.

The firmware you wanted to install is full of Vodafone branding:

Install instructions here:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

NOTE: No pit file required.

I didnt know that it was a branded firmware!!!! On the list all branded firmware were in (). This was not. Are you sure is branded? If that so is it advised to install a uk rom (unlocked) even though its not my country for ex [ Login above or register to see download links. ] which I guess will be one of the first to update every time? Will I be faceing other problems after that?

What CSC Should I use if I flash?
    Last edited by kyriakosmagos; 24-02-2016 at 19:34.

Quote Originally Posted by kyriakosmagos [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I didnt know that it was a branded firmware!!!! On the list all branded firmware were in (). This was not. Are you sure is branded?
    When choosing firmware you also need to look at the CSC.
    The 3 letters after the model name give the game away.
    Product code [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    PDA G925FXXU3DPB8
    CSC G925FVFG3DPB8

VFG is a Vodafone code.

If that so is it advised to install a uk rom (unlocked) even though its not my country for ex [ Login above or register to see download links. ] which I guess will be one of the first to update every time? Will I be faceing other problems after that?
    You could install that, but if you would like marshmallow, the France XEF is the firmware you are waiting for if in any European country.
    It is exactly the same as you will get on your Portugal TPH code.
    Last edited by greenman; 24-02-2016 at 19:30.

OK if I got it right should I wait for a XEF rom to come? Or to download a XEF pit file?

Ok hope these pictures help
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ][ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by kyriakosmagos; 24-02-2016 at 19:50.