Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install other country firmware

Install other country firmware

Hi Guys, I'm new here.
    I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 3G (SMT331).
    My os version now 4.4.2 kitkat.
    I live in Indonesia (XSE).
    I want to install my firmware from other country who have Lollipop version (Rusia, 5.5.1) that have same model SM T331 too.
    Is it possible to change the firmware?
    Any risks? Like no network connections?
    I dont know my Tablet already unlocked or not, but I can change all sim card gsm model in my tablet, is it called unlocked?
    Thanks for advance.

Sent from my SM-T331 using Tapatalk

Yes you can install firmware from another country without losing network connection.
    You may lose your preferred language by installing the Russian firmware (but if English you will be ok)
    Your Tab will start up in Russian but you can change this at boot.
    You will also have problems trying to return to an XSE csc code, and will have THL as the default csc code.

Apart from that, download from here your chosen firmware.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes you can install firmware from another country without losing network connection.
    You may lose your preferred language by installing the Russian firmware (but if English you will be ok)
    You will also have problems trying to return to an XSE csc code, and will have THL as the default csc code.

Hmm I dont understand to change language boot menu. Is it need root access?
    And if my csc change, that means I cant connect to any network provider like 3G or H+ in my country?

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Dude I did, but my phone bootloop.
    I dont know why .. stuck on logo samsung.
    Now I reflash my xse stock,

Quote Originally Posted by Agus Dian Pratama [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Dude I did, but my phone bootloop.
    I dont know why .. stuck on logo samsung.
    Now I reflash my xse stock,

Bootloop is quite common after flashing a firmware.
    Next time put phone into Recovery mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset.

But waiting for your natural update is the better option, and I guess what you are going to now do.

Bootloop is quite common after flashing a firmware.
    Next time put phone into Recovery mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset.

But waiting for your natural update is the better option, and I guess what you are going to now do.
    I did, wipe cache and wipe data. But it still stuck.
    I dont knw why there is no another update version in my region
    Thanks for your answer.

Install other country's firmware

I'm using galaxy A9, SM-A9100. It is from China and, thus, doesn't have Google services. How can I change the OS to one in nother country that has google services?

Please i have a galaxy j5 prime and I want to update to nougat from another country with the same model is it possible and I don't know my csc code any of that please help

Can I use the nougat firmware from India for my j5 prime currently I'm having marshmallow which is XFV I don't know the side effects and is it possible please help .model is SM-G570F😢😢

Quote Originally Posted by boachieeugene [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Can I use the nougat firmware from India for my j5 prime currently I'm having marshmallow which is XFV I don't know the side effects and is it possible please help .model is SM-G570F
    Yes, installing the India firmware should be Ok.
    But if you want to return to the XFV firmware you will have a problem as the default Vodafone csc of Germany VD2 will be given.
    Also you will lose any Vodafone additional services.

Install this firmware with Odin as instructed on the download page: