Thread: SM-P605 Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition upgrade from Android 4.4.2

SM-P605 Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition upgrade from Android 4.4.2

Hello
    My LTE SM-P605 tablet came from Hong Kong but I live in the UK (only way I could purchase the LTE version at the time). The baseband version is P605ZSSCQC1 and the Sammobile website only shows software 4.4.2 for this in Hong Kong but in the UK Android 5 is available. Is there any way of upgrading this tablet to Android 5 (lollipop)? I have tried via Smartswitch today but it says the “device software is up to date:QC1”.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Jane

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSH1234 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello
    My LTE SM-P605 tablet came from Hong Kong but I live in the UK (only way I could purchase the LTE version at the time). The baseband version is P605ZSSCQC1 and the Sammobile website only shows software 4.4.2 for this in Hong Kong but in the UK Android 5 is available. Is there any way of upgrading this tablet to Android 5 (lollipop)? I have tried via Smartswitch today but it says the “device software is up to date:QC1”.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Jane
    Hi there

No: only the Hong Kong firmware is suitable for your device...

Ah OK, thanks but I saw a previous thread on this that suggested I would be able to download the UK Android software upgrade to lollipop even though my tablet originated in Hong Kong and had a different baseband version? If this is possible would I need to “root” or “flash” it as I am not very confident in doing this?

Many for your help and advice.

Jane

Here’s the post heading on a very similar topic....
    ralphup said:
    18-11-2016 12:35
    NOTE 10.1 2014 Edition - SM-P605 Official Lollipop update

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneSH1234 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ah OK, thanks but I saw a previous thread on this that suggested I would be able to download the UK Android software upgrade to lollipop even though my tablet originated in Hong Kong and had a different baseband version? If this is possible would I need to “root” or “flash” it as I am not very confident in doing this?

Many for your help and advice.

Jane
    We don't support unofficial ways...

Maybe it's possible, but we don't advice it...

Ok thanks for your speedy response and advice.

i have a galaxy note 10.1 n8013 that is not working. i need the Odin sys to use but it is not Available to download. Could you please send to me?