Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back-button not working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Back-button not working

after I updated the above mentioned firmware, my s4 back button not functioning at all. I suspect the firmware cause the problem then I reflash to previous firmware on June.. The back button is functioning well again.
    Anyone here got this problem?

Yes, over the years this has been reported, often it is the menu and back button that stop responding.
    After flashing your update did you out the phone into Recovery Mode and wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset?

This will usually remove these type of conflicts,

After flashed the firmware, I noticed that the only back button not functioning so I did the recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset. it remain the same issue so I return to previous stage on june version. But anyway I will try again till it work

After tried few times.. still no luck to solve the issue of back button..sad

The same on my Galaxy S4..

Is there any way to fix this bug??

Flashing June Rom now...

Same here!

Updated to 5.0.1 in September and another random update appeared yesterday. Updated and now back button and menu button not working. Have cleared the cache and factory reset. no luck. trying to flash to older version again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ic005qx00 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Updated to 5.0.1 in September and another random update appeared yesterday. Updated and now back button and menu button not working. Have cleared the cache and factory reset. no luck. trying to flash to older version again.

Any help would be appreciated.
    If the update was OTA then reinstall with SmartSwitch as it may not have fully installed.
    If not fully installed, no matter how many times you factory reset, it will not improve anything.

Instructions and SmartSwitch download on this link:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

I9505XXUHOE3_I9505OXXHOF1_I9505XXUHOE3_HOME.tar.md 5 ok with button back button and menu
    I9505XXUHOH2_I9505OXXHOI1_I9505XXUHOH2_HOME.tar.md 5 problem with button back button and menu

I've tested with odin the firmwares.

The problem came when i updated by OTA.

No solution for me today. Only stay in I9505XXUHOE3 and not to update the phone. And you ?

I have this issue as well. Yesterday I received an OTA update, installed it and....no more menu/back buttons. Then I went and installed via Odin a few other official roms, but none brought back the buttons
    Now I'm on E3, but...still no go. Did also hard resets/reboots/battery removed....tried them all.

It would be real strange to have now a HW issue with the buttons, as the home button works though.