Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Back-button not working

Quote Originally Posted by marius_rg [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have this issue as well. Yesterday I received an OTA update, installed it and....no more menu/back buttons. Then I went and installed via Odin a few other official roms, but none brought back the buttons
    Now I'm on E3, but...still no go. Did also hard resets/reboots/battery removed....tried them all.

It would be real strange to have now a HW issue with the buttons, as the home button works though.
    It would appear to be a software problem related to the lollipop update.
    To check if it has created a conflict in an app, start your phone in SAFE MODE.
    SAFE MODE =
    Turn of phone.
    Press and hold volume down + power button.
    When Samsung screen appears , release the power button only.
    SAFE MODE will be in bottom left of screen.
    Test your back button.

If no change then it looks like a firmware update or downgrade your firmware may be the answer.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it did not work as well.

Not sure what else, I'm considering also on installing some custom roms, but those come rooted and I can't have a rooted phone. (not security compliant)

Have you considered downgrading to a previous firmware?

Yes I did. I'm not sure on which version I was before, but I received an OTA update 3 days ago and right after the update the buttons were not working anymore. Since then, I tried 2 other versions, including the I9505XXUHOE3_I9505OXXHOF1. (this is the present firmware)

I will try now another version, I found one even older (I9505XXUHOB7 - I9505OXXHOB4)

Has anyone managed to fix the problem? We are also talking about it at XDA: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

A friend of mine told me that he fixed it with German HOA7 one, and then updated again to latest with no problem: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I can't try it myself bcs I gave back the "broken" S4 to the owner. If anyone tries, please leave here the results!
    Last edited by oiluj1977; 19-11-2015 at 11:38.

Guys, I have been sufered from those updates..This is only firmware that worked for me till now. Give it a try
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    cos its on march release no update till now ^^. Cheers
    noted: do remember to Uncheck autoupdate & wifi only boxes on setting/about device/software update.
    Last edited by fastzz; 20-11-2015 at 03:01.

Thank you, this works for me, the firmware you posted is Chinese, but there is no problem, at the first boot you can chose the language and make any changes to be US like, the firmware is 5.0.1 and it works perfect on my i9505.

Quote Originally Posted by fastzz [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Guys, I have been sufered from those updates..This is only firmware that worked for me till now. Give it a try
    noted: do remember to Uncheck autoupdate & wifi only boxes on setting/about device/software update.

The same on my Galaxy S4..

Quote Originally Posted by fastzz [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you so much . You saved my phone !

Guys, I found a soution to solve this issue. credit to dafonehacker & andonsky. Just read the post #134 by dafonehacker and follow the step, I have eventually get back my back button with latest firware.
    go here and read :

good luck guy