Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshmallow

Marshmallow

Is there a marshmallow-update planned for the Samsung Tab S 10.5 (SM T805 LTE) in Switzerland?

Quote Originally Posted by gerri3003 View Post
    Is there a marshmallow-update planned for the Samsung Tab S 10.5 (SM T805 LTE) in Switzerland?
    Check out this post (it will be updated as info appears)
    http://www.sammobile.com/2015/10/09/...these-devices/

I saw this and that's the reason of my question. The device is a bit, ore than 1 year old and it's not listed. That's what I don't understand. I haven't even 5.1. SMG's update policy is inscrutable.

Quote Originally Posted by gerri3003 View Post
    I saw this and that's the reason of my question. The device is a bit, ore than 1 year old and it's not listed. That's what I don't understand. I haven't even 5.1. SMG's update policy is inscrutable.
    We cannot help you further I'm afraid.

The T805 is scheduled to v6 Marshmallow anytime form April 2016 see link below.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/updated-sam...evices-1529832

John.

I will be appalled if Samsung does not give the 10.5 Marshmallow. I could only buy the 16GB and for apps it is a waste of time and reason I bought it was because I thought Lollipop was going to gave the SD card access to apps Marshmallow has. I have emailed Samsung twice in relation to this update and their support don't have any idea if it's coming to the T805. I bought the tablet in December last year and it has only had one update in that time. I think Samsung's after-sale service is nothing short of disgraceful and they really need to appreciate the customers they have instead of ignoring them and looking for new ones, god the iPad 2 got IOS 9! The above has been noted but there has been no official confirmation from Samsung, which would be nice!

Latest news is that the Tab S1 is not getting V6 Marshmallow as it was not on the latest unconfirmed list of devices to get M, there is a beta rom on xda forum so not all is lost if we dont get M if you dont mind flashing.

John.

The beta rom is really buggy though from what I have read. Updating to marshmallow will transform this tablet. The way Samsung has treated this tablet and it's owners is very poor. It doesn't even have Android 5.1!

There is huge difference in customer care and support for Apple devices and Samsung devices ... Samsung want sell on almost same premium level prices as Apple but is not able support its devices !!! without Marshmallow it is useless and price for such unsupported device must be much cheaper. I do not want buggy Marshmallow from xda and Samsung is not willing support xda dev with know how and drivers when is not able to release Marshmallow firmware. I am dissapointed and will not buy samsung device anymore (zero support and customer care)

Quote Originally Posted by trevor12 View Post
    There is huge difference in customer care and support for Apple devices and Samsung devices
    How many devices does Apple have....let me think!!!
    Samsung want sell on almost same premium level prices as Apple but is not able support its devices !!!
    I really do not understand this.
    Has your Tab S been updated?
    Is it no longer working?
    What exactly does 'not able to support its devices' mean?

I have a Galaxy S SM-T805 and it is working perfectly well on 5.0.2.
    It has had 4 updates in under 2 years.
    Don't forget it is Google that decides upon the android version, whereas Apple has its own software programme.

without Marshmallow it is useless
    And how do you know that?
    With lollipop mine works fine.

Samsung is not willing support xda dev with know how and drivers when is not able to release Marshmallow firmware.
    Hasn't stopped XDA developers up to now.
    I am dissapointed and will not buy samsung device anymore (zero support and customer care)
    What??
    Have you read the Apple forums??

And before you ask - I am just a Samsung device owner, and not part of the Samsung organisation.