Thread: Tablet goes to Home screen after unlock

Tablet goes to Home screen after unlock

Purchased an S2 8inch tablet. When I first started it I decided to use a 4 digit pin and fingerprint recognition for security. After the machine has turned on again after closing down (either through being turned off deliberately or sleeping because of inactivity) it goes to the home screen rather than picking up where I left off. I seem to recall selecting this as an option when I first set up the security without giving it enough thought. This can be annoying when reading an article, book etc.

I cannot find a way to change this setting so that it picks up where I left it. Anyone got any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Have you tried removing security unlock and just use Swipe.

Tried removing the security unlock but there was no option for change. I have looked through all of the options and cannot find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by andygmh View Post
    Tried removing the security unlock but there was no option for change. I have looked through all of the options and cannot find anything.
    You could re-install your firmware with SmartSwitch or put the Tab in recovery mode and wipe cache then wipe data / factory reset.

You need to backup your data.
    SmartSwitch will let you do this.
    http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29918