Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab4 8.0 (SM-T331)

i Guys, I'm new here.
    I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 3G (SMT331).
    My os version now 4.4.2 kitkat.
    I live in Indonesia (XSE).
    I want to install my firmware from other country who have Lollipop version (Rusia, 5.5.1) that have same model SM T331 too.
    Is it possible to change the firmware?
    Any risks? Like no network connections?
    I dont know my Tablet already unlocked or not, but I can change all sim card gsm model in my tablet, is it called unlocked?
    Thanks for advance.

My tab is affected by quadrooter vulnerabilities. Does Samsung send the patches to this Tab4 ???

Quote Originally Posted by buntymaskey [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    My tab is affected by quadrooter vulnerabilities. Does Samsung send the patches to this Tab4 ???
    Samsung may alter firmware to make it less vulnerable to virus, but once you have one, you have to get rid of it yourself.

Thank you but how to make my Tab4 get rid of this problem??? either factory reset or flashing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buntymaskey [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Thank you but how to make my Tab4 get rid of this problem??? either factory reset or flashing!!!
    Neither.
    Install an anti virus to find the problem and remove it.
    Then you can reflash or reset your firmware.

Which antivirus is appropriate for this kind of problem???

Which antivirus is appropriate for this kind of problem???
    No, you are right, it will take a patch and Qualcomm are currently working on it.
    When available, Samsung will release it within a Security and stability update.

Nothing at the moment that I am aware of.

It's worth noting that the likelihood of downloading a malicious app is low, unless you frequently opt to download from spurious 'unknown sources', and to date there have been no recorded attacks exploiting this flaw.
    There are two very simple things you can do minimize the risk of falling victim to a QuadRooter hack:

• Keep your smartphone updated with the latest software
    • Only download apps from trusted sources (e.g. the Google Play Store)

Source:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by greenman; 19-08-2016 at 10:39.

Thanks.......but after updating my Tab4 to 5.1.1, I am not getting any software or security updates from Samsung !!!

Thanks.......but after updating my Tab4 to 5.1.1, I am not getting any software or security updates from Samsung !!!
    That means there are not any available.
    A security and stability update will be pushed to your Tab now it is up to date.