Thread: SDS in Galaxy s3 - need to recover data

Question SDS in Galaxy s3 - need to recover data

Hi, hope anyone here can help me.

I bought a new phone and left my S3 on my safe thinking it was a great idea to backup my bitcoins in it (stupid idea)
    A few days ago i needed to do a BTC transaction and to my surprise the phone was giving the SDS (sudden death syndrome) error which only lets me get to the download mode screen.

I have read a few forums post, but haven't really found a definite way that describes how to re-install the firmware without losing all the data inside. I don't need network connection, my idea is to get in, transfer bitcoins and toss the stupid phone to the garbage.

Phone: GT-I9300 unlocked
    Rooted: yes
    Firmware: stock

To the working solution I'll send some bitcoin as a thank you.

?? Surprised, as the S3 has been patched in firmware in XXELKC 4.1.2 or later.
    The emmc bug is a failure in the phone memory emmc, so a recovery of your data is going to be difficult if not impossible.

I'm sure you've tried these so no need to confirm:
    1.You mentioned backing up your bitcoins.
    Did you do this, or have you done it before? Perhaps to an external sd card or the Cloud.

2. Have you tried connecting to Kies and carry out a backup?

3. In desperation: Try taking out the battery and rebooting.

Stupidly enough i didn't feel the need to do a backup of the bitcoins nor the phone, mostly because my logic to a certain extend was flawed,
    i would never think about a phone that worked for 3 years, that had never been dropped and that i had take care great care of would fail locked
    in a safe with its battery out.
    I have a 20 year old PDA that still boots and lets me do all the 90's stuff!.

I did a clean restart before putting the bitcoins in.

I'm open to suggestions on what can be done, I only had like 1.6 BTC in it, so is not much money at current prices, i'd just hate it to
    watch the price rise to 1000 USD and know that i'm stuck with a bricked phone with 1000 dollars in it!

Try some app like Jihosoft Samsung data recovery. You can do some research and make decisions by yourself.

Thanks for post for info!

Cryptocurrency trading is a complex cryptocurrency asset management process that includes many trading strategies. It is at bitcoin signals that the price growth of a cryptocurrency, such as bitcoin, suffers. I personally use the strategies of this site. I recommend it to everyone.

i hope you have make a backup for Samsung data, else if the data have been removed out of phone storage, you can't restore them, the latest method, you can try the third-party Android recovery tool for help.
    Last edited by linedar11; 18-09-2021 at 16:53.