Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Boot Screen Error and No USB Communication. Restore Via External

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Boot Screen Error and No USB Communication. Restore Via External

I've got a big problem with my wife's Android Galaxy Tab 2. It hangs up at 'charging_10.jpg' draw failed (No SAMSUNG at boot) nothing. I can get to the Download Utility and also the Stock Recovery. It gives the option to Restore Via External SD. Is this a possibility?

I can't get any of my machines to recognize the device via USB. Is there hope?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0556-1024x1024.jpg  

Sounds like you have lost or corrupted the operating system.
    As you cannot connect via usb it will not be possible to install a stock Samsung firmware.
    However you can install a Custom firmware from your external sd card.
    Afterwards, you can connect to a PC and install a stock firmware if desired.

Look here to install CM:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Thanks. I'm all for CM. I had it on my first Samsung device years ago. No problem with that. My wife will be glad to have anything at this point!

I looked at that post and it says to boot into CWM. We only have stock recovery. Is that a problem? Also we can't get to the stock OS any longer to check "USB Debugging Mode". Will that mean trouble?

Also, the device is not rooted. Will that be a problem?
    Last edited by 777funk; 13-06-2015 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by 777funk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I looked at that post and it says to boot into CWM. We only have stock recovery. Is that a problem? Also we can't get to the stock OS any longer to check "USB Debugging Mode". Will that mean trouble?

Also, the device is not rooted. Will that be a problem?
    Ah!! I didn't think this one through.
    You would need to install a Custom Recovery.....

Root and USB debugging are not a problem

Looks like you are going to need assistance at a mobile shop with the appropriate 'box' to install the firmware.

This is one major drawback with tablets and the like vs computers. It seems difficult to impossible to use removable media to do any real work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 777funk [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is one major drawback with tablets and the like vs computers. It seems difficult to impossible to use removable media to do any real work on them.
    After looking back, I see you can get into Recovery Mode.
    Did you try wiping data/factory reset from Recovery?

Yes I did. But no go. But it does give the ext SD card option.

Yes I did. But no go. But it does give the ext SD card option.
    Do you have a stock recovery, like this?

If so, you can wiope cache then wipe data/factory reset.
    You cannot use it to install firmware.

The only other thing I can think, is to do some surgery on your Tab and remove the battery.
    Leave out for half an hour for any residual charge to disipate.
    Replace battery and reboot.

Of course the battery may be the problem and need replacing.

I did a factory reset and then wiped cache several days ago and it didn't seem to fix it. I get only 3V on the battery. It doesn't seem to be charging with the OS being no go.