Thread: Flashing confirmation

Flashing confirmation

A question...

My SG3 is Vodafone branded and unlocked (SIM Unlocked). I've been thinking of flashing my firmware with a Jellybean official stock ROM to remove the Vodafone branding... as well as eliminating the bloatware.

I don't really mind losing the Vodafone warranty, but will I still be able to get updates from Samsung through OTA or Kies if they send updates for the stock ROM I'll flash my mobile phone with?

Providing your phone Sales Code (CSC) and the firmware csc match for geographical location, then Kies will update.
    So for example, if you install the UK Jelly Bean, then your Sales Code would have to be BTU for Kies to update.

That's the part I don't understand quite well.

You see, I purchased my S3, and found I have I9300VFGBLG3 for CSC, which is... Vodafone for Czech right? But I'm currently living in South East Asia, and I can still get updates from Vodafone Czech (along with their bloatware... gah, nasty) like the OTA update for ICS and can be accessed through Kies as well (can be recognized, even the firmware version). Also, flashing using Odin changes the CSC as well right? Or am I mistaken?

Flashing using Odin followed by Factory reset can change the CSC, but the best way is to root your phone and install Nitrality - an app from the Play Store.
    But if you simply want to lose the Vodafone bloatware, and your phone is network unlocked, then install the firmware of your choice.
    When an update appears, install with Odin.

I'm actually with losing the vodafone bloatware. But of course... you can't blame me for still trying to get the best of both worlds.

So, lemme just confirm this. Factory Reset first before flashing official stock firmware (any official firmware) using Odin or the other way around? To change CSC I mean.

It's good to know about Nitrality, although I want to have the flash option changing the CSC just in case Play Store decides Nitrality is evil and removes it from the market.

LOL. Nitrality has been around a while and a very useful app.
    Your phone MUST be unlocked to any network. If so, flash firmware with Odin and then Factory reset.