Login or Join

Thread: MD5 error! binary is invalid

MD5 error! binary is invalid

Please guys, I need help, whenever I browse the firmware in Odin AP, this error pops up

Quote Originally Posted by affane1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Please guys, I need help, whenever I browse the firmware in Odin AP, this error pops up
    Odin carries out a security (md5) check on the downloaded firmware before installing.
    But Odin will also install without the md5 check, so the file can be renamed by removing the .md5.

However, the security check is there for your protection and does not usually happen with downloaded Sammobile firmware.

Looks like a bad download.
    Did you download to your PC?
    Did it take a long time or halt during the download?

If any doubts the carry out the download again.

Yes there was a halt during the download after removing the .md5, is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by gstewart2 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Yes there was a halt during the download after removing the .md5, is that bad?
    Sorry?
    You should always try to retain the md5 security.

Gratz!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Odin carries out a security (md5) check on the downloaded firmware before installing.
    But Odin will also install without the md5 check, so the file can be renamed by removing the .md5.

However, the security check is there for your protection and does not usually happen with downloaded Sammobile firmware.

Looks like a bad download.
    Did you download to your PC?
    Did it take a long time or halt during the download?

If any doubts the carry out the download again.
    Thank You Man!!!