Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: galaxy note 4 indonesian firmware could be discriminating?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33

    galaxy note 4 indonesian firmware could be discriminating?

    hi everyone,

    i want to share this information about the galaxy note 4 lollipop update in indonesia,
    i wonder,could this be labeled as discrimination issues?

    on the latest official galaxy note 4 indonesian firmware update contain an app called "salaam" by samsung indonesia,
    it's preinstalled, it's non removeable, it could be turned off, but it stays on the device,
    it's clearly "salaam" is an app for some certain religion,
    but not every people have to had same believes/religion,
    i don't know what samsung means by putting a non-removeable certain religion app into it's update
    (lollipop - galaxy note 4)

    what do you guys think?

    ps: you could preview the app on google play:
    Salaam by PT. Samsung Electronics Indonesia


    update: solved
    i don't know exactly when the update rolling out,
    but there has been a small update OTA for note 4 in indonesia,
    the size about 7-8mb,
    after the update, the app has been removed from preinstalled,
    thankfully, they realized this issue,
    although there is no official statement coming from them
    (and of course, i know, by giving statement or revealing this issue would be a bad press for them, especially at this time for their marketing and branding)
    so, i'm not sure how this thing done, but it's been fixed
    well, i hope that none of this similar issue would occurs in the future
    Last edited by jacky chan; 12-05-2015 at 04:01.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6
    un-install or disable, ..that's it !

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by setuk View Post
    un-install or disable, ..that's it !
    un-install -> can't -> non removeable -> in this option, yes, some people who are not into the same believes might want to uninstall it (don't want that app stays on the phone)

    turn off/disable -> can -> we still facing the fact/matter that "samsung is injecting non removeable certain religion app into indonesian galaxy note 4"

    what do you think?


    let me give some imparable condition,
    what if samsung have installed some non-removeable sunday school prayer schedule app into the galaxy note 4?
    (while we were not into that religion)
    for some people "oh it's okay, i can turned that off"
    but for some other people "no, i don't want this on my phone, i'm not having the same religion as they do"
    again this is just an imparable condition,
    but do every people have to had that app stays on the phone?
    Last edited by jacky chan; 29-04-2015 at 04:11.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    6
    I don't like GApps, and I have no complain or make an issue, just use my effort how to remove or disable it. Simple.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    41,722
    On the link to the app there are a number of ways to express your unhappiness with this app, under Additional Information.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sci.aceh&hl=en

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by setuk View Post
    I don't like GApps, and I have no complain or make an issue, just use my effort how to remove or disable it. Simple.
    yeah me too... i don't like it either...
    thanks for the information

    Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    On the link to the app there are a number of ways to express your unhappiness with this app, under Additional Information.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sci.aceh&hl=en
    yupe, already read the comments,
    some of indonesian had been posting it...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jacky chan View Post
    hi everyone,

    i want to share this information about the galaxy note 4 lollipop update in indonesia,
    i wonder,could this be labeled as discrimination issues?

    on the latest official galaxy note 4 indonesian firmware update contain an app called "salaam" by samsung indonesia,
    it's preinstalled, it's non removeable, it could be turned off, but it stays on the device,
    it's clearly "salaam" is an app for some certain religion,
    but not every people have to had same believes/religion,
    i don't know what samsung means by putting a non-removeable certain religion app into it's update
    (lollipop - galaxy note 4)

    what do you guys think?

    ps: you could preview the app on google play:
    Salaam by PT. Samsung Electronics Indonesia
    Agree with this one, and some of my friend just dont know how to turn off this thing. until they meet me.
    Samsung should put thiss app as pre installed and can removed.

    Thanks, Chan

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by jasow View Post
    Agree with this one, and some of my friend just dont know how to turn off this thing. until they meet me.
    Samsung should put thiss app as pre installed and can removed.

    Thanks, Chan
    as far as i browse through the comments on the google playstore's page of the app,
    (sort it by "newest first" then scroll down)
    i found several comments already complaining about this matter,
    seems none of official answers appears...
    are they just ignoring users like that? what were they thinking? well i don't know for sure,
    at this point, i think it's useless to contact regional samsung official
    because they were the one who made this issue,
    and seems like they just ignoring complaints...

    as my opinion, they could have always advertise any products whatever it is,
    but made "sensitive" app as non removeable preinstalled is way too far,
    speakings of rights, especially consumer rights,
    not one of single company or trademark have the right to oblige something to consumer,
    especially when that issue collides with sensitive issue like believes and religions


    update:
    i don't know exactly when the update rolling out,
    but there has been a small update OTA for note 4 in indonesia,
    the size about 7-8mb,
    after the update, the app has been removed from preinstalled,
    thankfully, they realized this issue,
    although there is no official statement coming from them
    (and of course, i know, by giving statement or revealing this issue would be a bad press for them, especially at this time for their marketing and branding)
    so, i'm not sure how this thing done, but it's been fixed
    well, i hope that none of this similar issue would occurs in the future
    Last edited by jacky chan; 12-05-2015 at 04:00.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •