Thread: Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop

Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 ever going to get the Android 5.0 Lollipop update?

I don't think s it will take some time.

From what I'm reading these last days ...no. I believe that Samsung is happy enough to have taken our money so they don't care about after sales support. First the big dissapointment with my wife's S3neo that will never have an update although it's a 2014 phone and now with the tab pro... And to think that I had decided to change my Xperia Z with a Note. No way . My old lady Xperia (early 2013) is still getting fast updates (from 4.3.1 to 4.4.2 to 5.0.2 and by what's written to 5.1.1 in a while) when my tab pro is stuck to 4.4.2. Thanks a lot Samsung .This is the last you'll be seeing of my money

Turns out it will get 5.1.1 it is rolling outnow for 12" then 10" then the 8.4. Should be coming soon. Check youmobile for details.

Sent from my SM-T320

so Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 to 5.1.1 straight game my friend?

Acording to a recent twitter feed from Samsung UK. There will never be an update for the Tab Pro 10.1 or 8.4 beit the T320 (Which seems to get more love), or the T325 (LTE Version which doesn't).
    The problem is its just Shamshung UK that have bothered to make that statement so far. So the thought (hope) is that it'll just be the UK that gets screwed.But my guess is it'll cover most of Europe too. Since my Phablet is German, but was packaged where? In the UK, thats where will also likely be affected.

The did update the Tab Pro 12.2 but, of all the Pros I think it was the onl, one to have 3GB's of RAM. Supposedly The 10.1 is next with the 8.4 to follow. samsung.youmobile.org (Last updated Tue 2 Dec 2015), lists the 10.1 as pending... But, also according to that site it should have been out by now. My plan for now is to wait for this site to update again (Probably next week after New Years), to see if the change it to cancelled or not.

Problem is though, there doesn't seem to be much love for the LTE version,as most chepo Devs opted for the T320 Wifi version that, while the share the same name, and appearance, are two vastly different Devices. Not meerly so for the addmision / lack of LTE. The 325 has a quad core Snap 800, while the 320 has some Samsung Exynos Octa core. Which I gather had been neutered to only run 4 cores. But, before I get flamed here I'm just going with what I recalled reading about the 320 Specs, which I do not own, or in truth would even want. Which is why I decieded to get the 325 instead.

I have Verizon Samsung Note 3 and got my Lollipop update on that in May but still waiting for the update on my Galaxy pro 8.4. I too am worried they won't update if indeed they are discontinuing this great tablet. Would be a shame to discontinue it

How to update this version?

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by babyskill [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    How to update this version?
    Truth! I bought this tablet because it's top and soon the Samsung left it aside. How can we collect feedback from Samsung. Demand support for this tablet over R $ 1,400 reais