Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: (SUPPORT THREAD) how to update at&t galaxy s4 sgh-i337 to lollipop manually!

Upgrade successful! thanks Farsat!

Has anyone tried this on locked at&t galaxy s4? Is it worked or not? please reply back
    Last edited by Farsat Sagvan; 29-04-2015 at 12:36.

I guess locked AT&T phones received OTA updates.... I will try the procedure on my unlocked AT&T S4 (running on t-mobile network) this weekend, as it is still on 4.2.2. So, I will go thru all three updates. Thanks in advance for sharing the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by A4Nkar [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I guess locked AT&T phones received OTA updates.... I will try the procedure on my unlocked AT&T S4 (running on t-mobile network) this weekend, as it is still on 4.2.2. So, I will go thru all three updates. Thanks in advance for sharing the procedure.
    ok thank you for your reply.

good luck
    Last edited by Farsat Sagvan; 30-04-2015 at 22:36.

One quick question, which version of ODIN I need to use? 3.10?

Quote Originally Posted by A4Nkar [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    One quick question, which version of ODIN I need to use? 3.10?
    Yes.You can use 3.10 an later ,in First time I had used 3.7 and worked. it must work with 3.7 and later
    Last edited by Farsat Sagvan; 03-05-2015 at 00:54.

I was on 4.4.2 so i just did since part 3, then i had and error and did it since the start. Now im on 5.0.1. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by NicolasEcheverry [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I was on 4.4.2 so i just did since part 3, then i had and error and did it since the start. Now im on 5.0.1. Thanks!!
    Thanks for sharing your experience!

Ok, the upgrade from 4.2.2 to 5.0.1 was a success on a unlocked AT&T S4. I guess one just needs patience to wait until it reboots after each update. I had previously tried to if KIES will allow me to update but it always reported 4.2.2 to be the latest version.

Big Thanks to Farsat for this excellent guide with links to the proper files.

Now the question is if ever need a factory reset will it go back to 4.2.2? or will it remain at 5.0.1?

P.S. do you know what Farasat means? Perception / Sagacity... A person having or showing an ability to understand difficult ideas and situations and to make good decisions

Now the question is if ever need a factory reset will it go back to 4.2.2? or will it remain at 5.0.1?

Factory reset is a bit of a misnomer, as the existing firmware is untouched, but any user data is removed.
    Carry out a factory reset without fear,. Your current firmware will still be there.